Forum Stats

• 3,875,787 Users
  • 2,266,971 Discussions
  • 7,912,337 Comments

Discussions

ASO renegade Members

Andrew_W
Andrew_W Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I know renegade members are not new, but they are new to me. We are on Essbase 21c on prem and although the DBAG documentation discusses how to use them, perfect for the use case we have, there is no mention how to set the renegade member for a dimension. The Outline editor in the JET UI shows the renegade member field but I cannot find a way to edit it.

Anyone know how to set a renegade member in the outline?

Answers

• David Grunwald-Oracle
    David Grunwald-Oracle Member Posts: 85 Employee

Andrew_W,

Renegade members enable continuation of an aggregate storage data load even if a specified member combination has missing or invalid members. When the data load encounters a missing or invalid member in an outline, the data load continues, with the data value of the missing or invalid member stored under the member that is tagged as the renegade member in the dimension.

1. Each dimension can have only one member assigned as a renegade member, and the renegade member must be a level-0 member.

2. Renegade members can be set using EAS:

a. In EAS select outline editor

b. Click the Information tab selecting "Renegade Member"

c. Enter the chosen renegade member

d. Save

Renegade members can be referenced in calculation and report scripts. Renegade members are not supported in tabular data loads or spreadsheet update operations. Each dimension can have only one member assigned as a renegade member, and the renegade member must be a level-0 member. Renegade members don’t work when doing free form data loads (i.e., data loads without a load rule). 

More Information see Renegade Members in Aggregate Storage Data Loads https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/other-databases/essbase/21/essdm/preparing-aggregate-storage-databases.html#GUID-C79A3E64-8576-4321-9E52-C5D0A47B78C3

Logging for renegade members is not enabled by default. To enable logging, use the RENEGADELOG configuration setting, which, when set to TRUE, enables logging of members loaded into a renegade member intersection.

Best,

Dave