Forum Stats

• 3,854,073 Users
  • 2,264,312 Discussions
  • 7,905,556 Comments

Discussions

HFM Rules - Dynamic account and rounding

207285 Member Posts: 5
edited Sep 17, 2008 2:48PM in Financial Consolidation
Is there a way to round what is stored in a Dynamic account in the rules file? For example:

HS.Dynamic "A#AvgRevPerDth.W#YTD = A#RegGasTransportRev.W#YTD / A#S_Dth_YTD"
HS.Dynamic "A#AvgRevPerDth.W#Periodic = A#RegGasTransportRev.W#Periodic / A#S_Dth_MTD"

I need the AvgRegPerDth to be stored as a value rounded to 2 decimal positions. It doesn't look like I can use HS.Round in the Dynamic rule.

My problem is that on a report, my Actual amount is .4357, displayed as .44. My Budget amount is .4224, displayed as .42. When the variance is calculated based on the stored values, it calcs a value of .01 and appears wrong because of the displayed values. If I could round the values stored in the dynamic account, it would show properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• I haven't tried this but you could try using INT. as in integer. Maybe you can use it on a calc that is multiplied by 100 so give a rounded whole number which you then divide by 100 to give 2dps. eg = int(100*(expression))/100.

It is a long shot but it might work.
    586070 Member Posts: 41
    Would it be possible for you to update the NumDecimalPlaces attribute for these accounts that you want to limit to two decimal places? The only thing I am not sure about is whether a value of 14.567 would get stored as 14.57 or 14.56.

Best Regards,

Bobby
This discussion has been closed.