• 3,838,648 Users
  • 2,262,387 Discussions
  • 7,900,715 Comments

Discussions

Text function to refer Sub Variable

661221 Member Posts: 341
edited Sep 27, 2008 2:24AM in Hyperion Query and Reporting
Hi,

Financial reports:- Can we use a substitution variable in text functions ......data is loaded into our cube n the date has got sub var.......can we use this date in report to specify data load date.

thnx in advance

Anuradha
Tagged:

Answers

• Rahul Kumar
    Rahul Kumar Member Posts: 260
    hi anuradha,
    you can use substitution variable in the grid and then display that in text via GetHeading function.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Rahul
    Rahul Kumar
    Rahul,

I tried it but itz not displayed...

the sub var is not visible in any dim member selection tabs ..... so i cant getit in data col/row.......if i type & refer with getheading..itz not workin.....

how can we display it????????/

Thanks
  • Rahul Kumar
    hi,

if substitution varible is defined correctly on the cube then it should definately be displayed on the some dimension member selection.

Please check that.
    Once it is visible, just use it as a member in any hidden row/column. Then use GetHeading function to display it in a text box.

Regards,
    Rahul
    Rahul Kumar
    Hi,

I have cross checked all dim's in FR...but could not find 'em in any dim's.......other sub variables which r related to dim's r visible under respective dim's(Ex:Year=$curyr)......

i could see it defined in the outline for this cube.

i fell that the data load sub var is not visible under any dim as itz not related to any of them.....

Is there a way to display it in FR.

Thnx
  • Rahul Kumar
    hi,
    yes to display a substitution variable, it has to be associated with one of the dimensions.
    and then only you will be able to display it.

May be one other option might be to use LINKED OBJECT in FR. so that just updating the information in one text box of one report will do it in all reports.

You can also use substitution variable in that liked object.
This discussion has been closed.