Forum Stats

• 3,875,792 Users
  • 2,266,972 Discussions
  • 7,912,341 Comments

Discussions

Weblogic Portal 10.0 Autocomplete AJAX drop down list using dojo

656930 Member Posts: 1
edited Oct 10, 2008 2:29AM in WebLogic Portal
I had posted this in the wrong forum so moved it to here.

I need to implement a field that helps the user select a city name. As the user types I want it to call back to the server to get a list of matching items to allow the user to select from. The user must also be able to type in a new value if nothing in the database currently matches.

I've tried to incorporate the Dojo library directly myself but unfortunately I can't get the library to work inside of the portal skeleton files. It keeps telling me it can load the ComboBox class. I know what I'm trying to do works out side of the portal, I made a simple test file. It has to be something about the placement of the dojo files.

Just to see if I could even get the field up and init'd correctly I put this in one of the portal's portlet jsp files.

<code>
&lt;div dojoType=&quot;dojo.data.ItemFileReadStore&quot; jsId=&quot;stateStore&quot; url=&quot;/states.txt&quot;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
State: &lt;input class=&quot;tundra&quot; id=&quot;state&quot; dojoType=&quot;dijit.form.ComboBox&quot; store=&quot;stateStore&quot; pageSize=&quot;5&quot; jsId=&quot;state&quot;/&gt;
</code>

I have the dojo files in the web apps webcontent directory under dojo-release-1.1.1. In the portal skeletons file I have this:

<code>
&lt;links&gt;
&lt;search-path&gt;
&lt;path-element&gt;.&lt;/path-element&gt;
&lt;path-element&gt;../css&lt;/path-element&gt;
&lt;/search-path&gt;
&lt;link href=&quot;layout.css&quot; rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;/&gt;
&lt;link href=&quot;ielayout.css&quot; rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;/&gt;
&lt;link href=&quot;/portal_web/dojo-release-1.1.1/dijit/themes/tundra/tundra.css&quot; rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;/&gt;
&lt;link href=&quot;/portal_web/dojo-release-1.1.1/dojo/resources/dojo.css&quot; rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;/&gt;
&lt;/links&gt;
&lt;scripts&gt;
&lt;search-path&gt;
&lt;path-element&gt;../js&lt;/path-element&gt;
&lt;/search-path&gt;
&lt;script src=&quot;buttons.js&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;/&gt;
&lt;script src=&quot;util.js&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;/&gt;
&lt;script src=&quot;ddlevelsmenu.js&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;/&gt;
&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;&gt;
djConfig = {
parseOnLoad:true,
isDebug: true
};
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;/portal_web/dojo-release-1.1.1/dojo/dojo.js&quot; /&gt;
&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;&gt;
dojo.require(&quot;dijit.form.FilteringSelect&quot;);
dojo.require(&quot;dojo.data.ItemFileReadStore&quot;);
dojo.require(&quot;dijit.form.ComboBox&quot;);
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;/scripts&gt;
</code>

Answers

• U need to use LAF dependies file to load ur dojo js files.
    U can follow the steps given in below link.
    http://edocs.beasys.com/wlp/docs102/clientdev/setup.html

And i need a favour from u. How u are calling an action in controller from a jsp using dojo. I mean what is the url u are using?

Plz reply me as early as u can.

Thanks,
    Srinivas M.S.
This discussion has been closed.