• 7,911,326 Comments

Discussions

Browser( URL) Porltet Not displaying Intenet Explorer

653189 Member Posts: 101
edited Oct 20, 2008 2:56PM in WebLogic Portal
Hi All,

I am using Weblogic portal 10.2 .

I have created a browser URL Portlet.

And I have included that portlet in my portal application in one of the placeholder.

But that portlet is not dispalying in my application , when I run in Intenet Explorerr.

Where as , its displaying fine in Mozilla

Kindly help in this regard,

Srinivas

Answers

649271 Member Posts: 76
    Hi Srini,

I just created a URL portlet and it works like a charm in IE.

What part I didn't understand "And I have included that portlet in my portal application in one of the placeholder."

How can you include a portlet in a placeholder. I think its the other way round. You can place a placeholder in a portlet.

Also for a URL portlet you don't need a pla.

Thanks
    Vishnu
    665334 Member Posts: 40
    edited Oct 20, 2008 2:56PM
    How can you include a portlet in a placeholder. I think its the other way round. You can place a placeholder in a portlet
    Aaahhh.. the wonderful confusion around placeholders :D

There are actually two things called "placeholders" in WLP. One is used to display content, e.g. ads with predefined CMS queries. This placeholder can be used e.g. on a JSP page with the aid of a placeholder tag. The other placeholder is an element in a skeleton - it is the place where portlets are placed in a layout. I guess the naming confusion has historical roots - placeholders for ads originated in campaign manager whereas the layout placeholders are from personalization server, I believe :)

Hope this clarifies things a bit. This has been a constant source of confusion in projects I have worked on.

Cheers,
    Petri
This discussion has been closed.