Forum Stats

• 3,815,486 Users
  • 2,259,040 Discussions
  • 7,893,135 Comments

Discussions

Credential Manager Problem

3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
Hi Guys,
I'v a big problem with the Credential...
I don't know exactly where.

I try to make a clear point of situasions:
I use an IFS installation on Sun OS 2.6 with a remote oracle DB on another Sun Machine.

When I start Ifs with ifsstart and all datas the system say me "Unable to start iFS ServerManager
Invalid credentials specified".

and From the file file IfsProtocols.log
IfsException in starting ServerManager; FATAL
oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-20010: Failed to get PropertiesResourceBundler ans1
java.util.MissingResourceException: can't find resource for oracle.ifs.server.properties.ans1_en
Server Manager exiting.

I'v tried to understand where can I add or modify the credential but nothing.
Somebody can kindly help me.

Thanks Bye

Comments

You have entered an invalid iFS service name when entering your credentials into ServerManager's prompts. Please post what you typed for the prompts (username, password, servicename, and schemapassword).

Read the installation guide for more details.
    Hi
    We don't understand which is the right service name to start ServerManager;

We try to put the default vaules(IfsTools and ServerManager): in this way ServerManager start but without running or shown any protocols or agents expect JWS.

Plus, it only starts with ifssvrmgr script, but fails with ifsstart.

In the last we can trace the follow errors in the IfsProtocols.log:
    Wed Jun 21 11:25:31 CEST 2000
    IfsException in starting ServerManager; FATAL
    oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-21008: Login failure
    oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10170: Invalid name/credential
    Server Manager exiting.

and the follow in the IfsAgents.log:
    EventExchangerAgent: Exception in activate():
    EventExchangerAgent: IFS-10201: Unable to access object (object does not exist)
    EventExchangerAgent: IfsException in handle loop; continuing:
    EventExchangerAgent: oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-46003: General Agent processing failure

ServiceWatchdogAgent: IfsException publishing timer details:
    ServiceWatchdogAgent: oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10201: Unable to access object (object does not exist)

So where can be the problems?

ThX

null
    Please send a screen capture showing the use of iFS Start on Solaris, or if on NT showing the parameter values in the StartIFS window
    Hi Mark,
    This is what we do at start-time:

# ifsstart
    Enter iFS user name > system
    Enter iFS user password > system
    Enter iFS service name > ans1
    Enter iFS schema password > ifssys
    #
    Unable to start iFS ServerManager
    Invalid credentials specified

Unable to start iFS ServerManager
    Invalid credentials specified

null
    What is ans1.

Do you have an file called ans1.properties in $ORACLE_HOME/ifs/settings/oracle/ifs/server/properties.

The service name argument refers a file in this location. If not, changes the service name to IfsDefault and see if this solves the problem
    Thanks Mark
    I think it shuld be the real problem even if I can't yet understand how these files work.
    In few words can you help me in uderstanding and setting these parameter files?
    For example i started the default ServerManager but nor protocols neither agents are running so I cant use FTP or CUP protocols even if i configured them with the IFS config tool and I've their parameter files in the right location.
    Thanks for your help.
    Alessandro

If server manage is now starting you need to look in the $ORACLE_HOME/ifs/log directory to see why the other protocol servers are not running. Also try starting the ifssvrmgr, give it the same paramaters as you gave ifsstart and then do a list servers and a list agents -m IfsProtocols to see what is going on
    I suspect that you will need to the edit the databaseURL entry in the IfsDefault properties file. The databaseURL will need to have the TNSNAME that describes the remote database connection.

Eg

DatabaseUrl=jdbc:oracle:oci8:@DMSERV7

Where DMSERV7 is the TNSNAMES entry that identifies the target database instance.

Hope this helps
    Hi Mark
    Your help was very useful to make me uderstand something about Ifs Server job.
    However i continue having those problems:
    1- If I start Server Manager with ifssvrmgr giving those parameters
    uid=system, passwd=system, IFS service=IfsDefault, Ifs passwd=ifssys it works saying to me
    Serever STARTED: DefaultManager (12345) not managed end nor Agents neither Protocols are runnig.
    Starting the Ifs Server with ifsstart and giving the SAME parameters value listed above i receive an Invalid Credential Specified Error: why??;

2 - Stopping Ifs with ifsstop and giving the SAME parameters value listed above this is what i can see:

IfsStop> stop server IfsAgents
    Invalid server: IfsAgents
    IFS-46113: No such server (IfsAgents)

IfsStop> stop server IfsProtocols
    Invalid server: IfsProtocols
    IFS-46113: No such server (IfsProtocols)

IfsStop> EXIT#

Hoping in another useful help of yours I continue trying to understand how to start CUP and FTP protocols.

Thank you very much
    Can you post the contents of the Log files in $ORACLE_HOME/ifs/log
This discussion has been closed.