• 3,873,695 Users
  • 2,266,628 Discussions
  • 7,911,601 Comments

Discussions

Prompts in obiee Answers

i m new to obiee..

My question is :

In Answers,
I have created three prompts for my report.When i run the report,i can see only one prompt at a time,only if i select a value for it,i can go to the next prompt.The user wants to see all 3 prompts at a time and select values.Is there any way for t?

Also I am using 'filters view' in my report to display the value selected by user from prompt as report sub headings.But it displays the static filters given for the report also.How to display only the dynamic filters in filters view?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Lavnya,
    The user wants to see all 3 prompts at a time and select values.Is there any way for t?
    Nope, this is not possible i hope...
    The only alternative is.. use dashboard prompts and show the reports on dashboard.
    But it displays the static filters given for the report also.How to display only the dynamic filters in filters view?
    Yes, this is the expected result. To display only dynamic filter values in report then use Narrative View, with custom text

see this.. http://bischool.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/presentation-variable-values-in-report-titles-or-using-presentation-variable-in-dashboard-text-object-and-narrative-view-directly/

Hope you are not using All Choices...
    717867 Member Posts: 88
    Hi..

How could we use two date values when we use 'is between' ?

My requirement is when we select start date and end date in my prompt it should be displayed in my report also.

How could be achieve this...
  • David_T
    David_T Member Posts: 2,432
    User8732779, you have wisely chosen to open your own thread for your question, which has been answered separately.

Now, if you would convert your "number" to a real user name, it would be much to remember to whom I am communicating with :). Thanks.
  • David_T
    David_T Member Posts: 2,432
    Lavnya, as far as the first part of your question, Kishore explained it. Use dashboard prompts to see them all at once.

For the second part, I would suggest what mma1709 had said in another post (I attempted to search for it to add it as a link, but couldn't find it)...

Save the "static filters" as a saved filter and reference this in your criteria. This will in fact "hide" the individual filters and the user will only see one "grouped" filter. Then the dynamic filters based on the Presentation Variables will display as the user makes his/her selection.

David
This discussion has been closed.
apps-infra