Forum Stats

• 3,827,045 Users
  • 2,260,736 Discussions
  • 7,897,150 Comments

Discussions

Scheduling full load during weekends and Incr in weekdays

706076 Member Posts: 228
Hi All

I was able to schedule incremental loads during week days....but to schedule initial load (during weekend) we need to manually reset datawarehouse.....and then run the exe plan....is there any way to automate this... I tried updating dac metadata table and have included that in dac as a task ......and new exe plan for this task and am scheduling this exe plan 5mins before initial load exe plan......but still it doesnt work....can anyone throw some light on this.......

With Regards
Venkatesh
Tagged:

Answers

• mod100
    mod100 Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

This seems like a strange requirement, why do you want do a full reload every weekend? Maybe there is a better way to achieve what you want.

Regards,

Matt
    706076 Member Posts: 228
    Hi Matt

We have a custom module for which we dont have incremental logic now........so initial load runs that at weekend where as other modules we hv incr and init logic......

regards
  • mod100
    mod100 Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

I mentioned it just because the general procedure is one full load followed by incrementals forever. Instead of this could you not just get the incremental loads for the tasks for this area to run the full load WF and set truncate always to Y? Or does this area conflict with others that you are trying to handle incrementally. If there are conforming dimensions between incremental/full load areas then I can see a problem straight away as this will break referential integrity.

Regards,

Matt
This discussion has been closed.