• 2,258,826 Discussions
  • 7,892,587 Comments

Discussions

EPM 11.1.2.1 Installation Issues....

user623259
user623259 Member Posts: 67
edited Jul 19, 2011 12:43AM in EPM System Infrastructure
Hi Gurus,

I'm new to Version 11 and I am trying to install EPM 11.1.2.1 on my Laptop partition with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition (64 bit). Laptop has 8 GM RAM.

After installing the OS, I enabled IIS and ASP .NET.
Installed Microsoft Loop Back Adapter.
Installed Oracle 11g Release 2 client (32 bit).
Installed Oracle 11g Release 2 database (Standard Edition) (64 bit) and created schemas required for EPM (one for shared services, one for EPMA Interface, one for Planning Application).
Unzipped the files and installed the components (Foundation, Essbase, Planning, EPMA, Performance Scorecard) - I would like to install HFM but not sure if the memory would be enough so left it for now.

After installation, Configured the products one by one and faced some of the issues listed below.
1. Configuration tool didn't understand when I give my computer name as the host, displaying issue related to network. It accepts only if I enter it as localhost.
2. When I tried to configure PM Architect, it gave me a message saying ODAC is not installed. But I already installed ODAC. I can see ODP.Net entries in the registry.
Isn't this part of the Oracle database installation I did? If not, I installed it separately downloading the XCOPY vesion of ODAC 11g from Oracle website. Is this the right one?
3. Is there a sequence for configuring the components? After I configured all the components, when I get back to the first screen, it shows some of the components that I already
configured as not configured.

4. Is there a simple installation instruction for a minimal deployment on a laptop?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• user623259
    I run the diagnostics tool after install/configuration. I get the error message below for some components.

ssbase / Essbase Administration Services
    PASSED CFG: Configuration Validating that configuration tasks have been completed 0 seconds
    FAILED REG: Datasource Checking if datasource property exists in the registry
    Error: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    Recommended Action: **PlaceHolder-do-not-translate** 8 seconds
    PASSED DB: Database Connectivity Checking connection to database jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:hypdb 0 seconds
    PASSED EXT: External Authentication Check Native Directory external authentication provider configuration 0 seconds
    PASSED REG: Configuration Checking if product has only one product node in registry. 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Libraries Check if all shared libraries are targeted for application "Oracle EPM EAS". 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Web Application Availability of Web application context http://EPM1112:10080/easconsole/console.html

I hope this helps in understanding my issue.

H
  • Manoj G
    Manoj G Member Posts: 222
    Configuration tool didn't understand when I give my computer name as the host, displaying issue related to network. It accepts only if I enter it as localhost.

you can try adding ip/machine name in the hosts file.See if that makes any difference
  • User_NI62O
    User_NI62O Member Posts: 6 Employee
    you need, Install ODAC, in Oracle Database Client by Custom option....and select the ODAC.

Regards,
    Cristian
  • user623259
    Thanks.

Currenly I have installed Oracle 11g 32 bit client first.
    And then the Oracle 11g 64 bit database.

Should I install 64 bit client with ODAC also? or Does the Oracle 11g 64 bit database and software installation include the client and ODAC?

Will there be any conflict and issues if I install Oracle 11g 64 bit client in addition to the above?
    Should I install it in separate Oracle Base directories?

When I do a custom install I don't see anything called ODAC but I assume it is "Oracle Providers for .NET".
  • user623259
    Hi Manoj,

I've added the host name and IP address to the hosts file but still same issue.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Loop Back adapter.

I'm on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. After I install Loop Back adapter and set a static IP for it,
    it shows as "Public" "unidentified network". In the properties, it shows "No Network Access" for both IPV4 and IPV6.
    When I run the "Ping <hostname?" command in DOS prompt, it is successful but only shows the hexadecimal physicall address and not the IP address for IPV4.
    Is this ok?
  • Manoj G
    Is this similar to what you've done in order to setup your loopback adaptor?

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Windows_Networking/Q_21682149.html
  • user623259
    Manoj,

Yes. I configured Loop Back adapter as described in the link you provided. These steps are given in Oracle database installation document also.
    The only thing I did not do on those steps is that my computer is in a work group and not a domain.
  • Manoj G
    1. Configuration tool didn't understand when I give my computer name as the host, displaying issue related to network. It accepts only if I enter it as localhost
    >>
    Why is EPM System Configurator having issues withresolving some hostnames, such as:"server-1.domain_s9"?

Look at the following url

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/epm-tips-issues-1-40-167121.pdf
  • user623259
    Thanks Manjoj. I fixed the host name resolution issue. I think the hosts file entry was not right.
    Also fixed the ODAC issue. I installated Oracle DB and clients in the following order.

Oracle 11g Database
    Oracle 11g 32 bit client (custom install and choose Oracle Drivers for ASP.NET)
    Oracle 11g 64 bit client (custom install and choose Oracle Drivers for ASP.NET)

Alll the products configured correctly. But a new issue now. When I start the EPM System using the option
    available in the Program Files menu, all the services start but "Hyperion EPMA Server" is not starting.
    I tried starting all the services manually as specified in the documentation too. Same issue.
    When I start it from Windows control panel, I get a message like "The services started but stopped. Some services may stop if there are no
    programs or other services using it".

I checked the Installation and configuration trouble shooting document where this issue is mentioned. I checked the BPMA_Server_Config.xml File
    and the time our parameter is set to 600 seconds. I guess this should be more than enough for a POC installation.

The Diagnostic report shows the following for EPMA section.

Foundation / Performance Management Architect
    FAILED AppMgrLoadAdf Launch external checker with next command: C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\..\jdk160_21/bin/java -DEPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -DEPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1 -Djava.util.logging.config.class=oracle.core.ojdl.logging.LoggingConfiguration -Doracle.core.ojdl.logging.config.file=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\validation\11.1.2.0\validationTool-logging.xml com.oracle.epm.epma.config.validations.appmanager.AppMgrLoadAdf
    Error: AppMgrLoadAdf failed when requesting information from EPMA. Please check that all EPMA services have started and are currently running.
    Recommended Action: Make sure external checker is working. 12 seconds
    PASSED CFG: Configuration Validating that configuration tasks have been completed 0 seconds
    PASSED DB: Database Connectivity Checking connection to database jdbc:oracle:thin:@hypbi:1521:hypdb 0 seconds
    FAILED DimEditorLoadAdf Launch external checker with next command: C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\..\jdk160_21/bin/java -DEPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -DEPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1 -Djava.util.logging.config.class=oracle.core.ojdl.logging.LoggingConfiguration -Doracle.core.ojdl.logging.config.file=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\validation\11.1.2.0\validationTool-logging.xml com.oracle.epm.epma.config.validations.dimeditor.DimEditorLoadAdf
    Error: DimEditorLoadAdf failed when requesting information from EPMA. Please check that all EPMA services have started and are currently running.
    Recommended Action: Make sure external checker is working. 12 seconds
    FAILED EnumApplications Launch external checker with next command: C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\..\jdk160_21/bin/java -DEPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -DEPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1 -Djava.util.logging.config.class=oracle.core.ojdl.logging.LoggingConfiguration -Doracle.core.ojdl.logging.config.file=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\validation\11.1.2.0\validationTool-logging.xml com.oracle.epm.epma.config.validations.repository.EnumApplications
    Error: EnumApplications failed when requesting information from EPMA. Please check that all EPMA services have started and are currently running.
    Recommended Action: Make sure external checker is working. 11 seconds
    FAILED EnumDataSyncs Launch external checker with next command: C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\..\jdk160_21/bin/java -DEPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -DEPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1 -Djava.util.logging.config.class=oracle.core.ojdl.logging.LoggingConfiguration -Doracle.core.ojdl.logging.config.file=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\validation\11.1.2.0\validationTool-logging.xml com.oracle.epm.epma.config.validations.repository.EnumDataSyncs
    Error: EnumDataSyncs failed when requesting information from EPMA. Please check that all EPMA services have started and are currently running.
    Recommended Action: Make sure external checker is working. 11 seconds
    FAILED EnumDimensions Launch external checker with next command: C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\..\jdk160_21/bin/java -DEPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -DEPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1 -Djava.util.logging.config.class=oracle.core.ojdl.logging.LoggingConfiguration -Doracle.core.ojdl.logging.config.file=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\validation\11.1.2.0\validationTool-logging.xml com.oracle.epm.epma.config.validations.dimeditor.EnumDimensions
    Error: EnumDimensions failed when requesting information from EPMA. Please check that all EPMA services have started and are currently running.
    Recommended Action: Make sure external checker is working. 30 seconds
    FAILED PMAJ: EPMA Service Validating whether jobmanager service is available.
    Error: com.hyperion.cis.utils.BadResponseCodeException: Bad response code: 500
    Recommended Action: Check that the application is started 2 seconds
    PASSED DSC: EPMA DimensionServer Server Configuration Validating EPMA Dimension Server startup... Successful... 0 seconds
    PASSED EXT: External Authentication Check Native Directory external authentication provider configuration 1 seconds
    PASSED REG: Configuration Checking if product has only one product node in registry. 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Libraries Check if all shared libraries are targeted for application "Oracle EPM EPMAWebTier". 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Libraries Check if all shared libraries are targeted for application "Oracle EPM EPMADataSynchronizer". 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Web Application Availability of Web application context http://hypbi:19091/awb/conf/AwbConfig.xml 0 seconds
    PASSED WEB: Web Application Availability of Web application context http://hypbi:19101/DataSync

Thanks.
    H
  • AndyT_PA
    AndyT_PA Member Posts: 62 Bronze Badge
    I had this problem too, and got it after similar ODAC issues as that you've mentioned. The way I got it to finally work was to re-config all EPMA components, and then run the configure web server as a second pass. Have you tried this?
This discussion has been closed.