Answers

725039 Member Posts: 637
    >
    The same result... Not connecting...

I suspect port level issue...

Thanks a ton
    KSG
    >

Have you by any chance been playing around with TWO_TASK variable? Show us the results of the following.
    set | grep -i TWO
    Regards,
    Phiri
  • KSG
    KSG Member Posts: 802
    Hi,

set | grep -i TWO
    DM_NETWORK_SERVER=/glods/serena/dimensions/10.1/cm//prog/dmlibsrv
    TWO_TASK=dim10

:)

this above path shows a 10g database which is used as virtual machine.

Thanks
    KSG
    Just unset it. Then everything should be fine.

Regards,
    Phiri
    >
    Hi,

set | grep -i TWO
    DM_NETWORK_SERVER=/glods/serena/dimensions/10.1/cm//prog/dmlibsrv
    TWO_TASK=dim10

:)

this above path shows a 10g database which is used as virtual machine.

Thanks
    KSG
    >

Isn't this the part were you mark the post that answered your question, just so someone with a similar problem can easily figure out what best worked for you? :)

Regards,
    Phiri
  • KSG
    KSG Member Posts: 802
    Phiri... testdb and orcl were working fine even when TWO_TASK was set earlier. This server works fine after every restart... but after a few days the problem araises... I suspect that port is keep on increasing the value when reaches threshold the connection cant able establish. Please look at the log file in the first post. I feel some thing is terribly wrong with the setting.

Thanks
    KSG
  • Hans Forbrich
    Hans Forbrich Member Posts: 11,543 Gold Trophy
    phiri wrote:
    Two instances, not databases, you can only install one Oracle Database in an Oracle Home
    Hmmmm. Are you sure about that?

Perhaps you mean "only one database software installation in one Oracle Home" (Which is different from "Oracle Physical Database structures". Which is different from "Oracle instance".)

You are correct that one ORACLE_HOME can provide the programs for multiple database instances. Unless you are dealing with RAC, each instance will manage a separate Oracle database. IOW, two instances in one ORACLE_HOME implies two databases under normal, non-RAC, conditions.
  • Hans Forbrich
    KSG wrote:
    Please find the output..
    which sql
    which: 0652-141 There is no sql in /glods1/oracle11g/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin /usr/bin /etc /usr/sbin /usr/ucb /glods1/oracle/bin /usr/bin/X11 /sbin .
    However, I asked for 'which sqlplus', not 'which sql'
  • sb92075
    sb92075 Member Posts: 42,196 Blue Diamond
    I suspect that port is keep on increasing the value
    This is a true statement for both success & failed connections.
    >
    Perhaps you mean "only one database software installation in one Oracle Home"
    >

Indeed Hans; that is exactly what I meant to say.

*"only one database software installation in one Oracle Home"*

I have since corrected that. Thanks.

Regards,
    Phiri
  • Hans Forbrich
    edited Apr 16, 2010 10:36AM
    KSG wrote:
    Phiri... testdb and orcl were working fine even when TWO_TASK was set earlier. This server works fine after every restart... but after a few days the problem araises... I suspect that port is keep on increasing the value when reaches threshold the connection cant able establish. Please look at the log file in the first post. I feel some thing is terribly wrong with the setting.
    Client that use TCP/IP INCLUDING LOCAL CLIENTS will connect to the listener at port 1521 AND THEN will normally reconnect to a server process through a different port.

That way the listener is free to continue monitoring onb 1521

You may have an application that opens new connections and never releases those connections. Which is a completely different issue. Check 'ps -ef | grep -i oracletestdb' and 'ps -ef | grep oracleorcl'
This discussion has been closed.