• 2,254,929 Discussions
  • 7,880,792 Comments

Discussions

How to delete a repository

user645399
user645399 Member Posts: 1,347
edited Jun 21, 2010 4:23PM in SQL Developer
Hi Buddies,

I created a test database in sql server and another one in oracle to test the migration.

I am connected to both through Sql Developer.

I am getting this error.
SQL Error on Script Execution
Try deleting repository before Creating Repository
I tried to delete using the menu but it just didn't work.

Please advice me on how to go about it.

Cheers!

Nith
df49fac0-91b1-43f7-bd33-fc8e2a19646d731f9f67-0e85-4bdb-b21c-ac05508f1486

Best Answer

• Dermot ONeill-Oracle
    Dermot ONeill-Oracle Member Posts: 618 Employee
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Nith,

Heres the steps I took, as it may help highlight the difference.
    Using
    *SQL Developer 2.1.1
    *Oracle XE
    *Windows 7
    *JDK 1.6 U17

Connected to system on my Oracle XE database and created the schema I want to keep my migration repository in.

create user migrepo identified by migrepo;
    grant resource,create session,create view to migrepo;

Create a connection in SQL Developer for migrepo
    Associate the migration repository with that connection.

Can you outline the steps your taking?
    Just a guess , you may not have the correct privileges. Or maybe your database is Oracle 9i or lower (which is not supported as a migration repository).

Regards,
    Dermot.
    SQL Developer Team.

Answers

• SueHarper
    SueHarper Member Posts: 2,579
    What happens when you right-click on the connection for the repository owner? Select Associate Migration Repository? Alternatively try truncating the repository.

Take a look at the Getting Started document on the OTN: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/migration/workbench/files/omwb_getstarted.html

I create a completely separate user/schema and connection for the repository and then migrate from the SQL Server connection to a separate schema in Oracle.

Sue
    SueHarper
  • user645399
    Hi Sue,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I clicked on my oracle database(testdb) and right clicked -> Selected Migration Repository -> Associate Migration Repository -> SQL Error on Script Execution..Try Deleting Repository before Creating Repository-> Migration Repository Associated is testdb.

So, I tried to delete the repository. I clicked on my oracle database(testdb) and right clicked -> Selected Migration Repository -> Delete Migration Repository -> deleting and closes.

But, when I create again it gives the same error.

When I try to truncate - > There was an issue purging the repository on this connection. This could be either that the connection is not available or there is no repository installed in this connection to purge.

While my database ip up and I tested the connection using SQL Developer at the earlier stages.

Please advice me.

Cheers!

With Regards,

Nith
  • user645399
    edited May 6, 2010 4:15AM
    Hi!

I do not understand SQL Developer at all. It is keep asking me to delete the repository and even if I delete still it says the same and I dont see a way of progressing.

Please advice me.

I am following the tutorials and other references which are given in Oracle but definetely following them, I can't go anywhere.

Nith

Edited by: user645399 on May 6, 2010 4:14 PM
  • SueHarper
    You don't mention which version of SQL Developer you are using. Please tell us that and the platform.

Did you try starting again, i.e creating a new empty schema with the correct privileges and creating a repository for that schema?

Sue
    SueHarper
  • SueHarper
    Please note that there are a number of tutorials and demonstrations available on the Migration pages. http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/migration/workbench/index_sqldev_omwb.html

Sue
    SueHarper
  • Dermot ONeill-Oracle
    Dermot ONeill-Oracle Member Posts: 618 Employee
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Nith,

Heres the steps I took, as it may help highlight the difference.
    Using
    *SQL Developer 2.1.1
    *Oracle XE
    *Windows 7
    *JDK 1.6 U17

Connected to system on my Oracle XE database and created the schema I want to keep my migration repository in.

create user migrepo identified by migrepo;
    grant resource,create session,create view to migrepo;

Create a connection in SQL Developer for migrepo
    Associate the migration repository with that connection.

Can you outline the steps your taking?
    Just a guess , you may not have the correct privileges. Or maybe your database is Oracle 9i or lower (which is not supported as a migration repository).

Regards,
    Dermot.
    SQL Developer Team.
    772348 Member Posts: 1
    hi user645399 ,

For those who haven't yet solve this problem they can do this:

Migration --> Repository Management --> Delete Repository

(Oracle SQL Developper V 1.5.4)
    df49fac0-91b1-43f7-bd33-fc8e2a19646d772348
  • user645399
    Hi everyone,

Actually there is an option in the menu to drop the repository.

That helps to a certain extent.

Besides, I still feel unstable using SQL Developer, I could do my migrations but with hiccups here and there.

Thanks once again for being there.

Nith
    774984 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am trying to do migration from SQL server 2005 to Oracle 10g, I am getting error (SCRIPT Execution FAIL, Manually Delate the Reporsotory). I deleted many times but i am still getting the same error I am using Oracle SQL Developer Version 2.1.1 .

Please help.
  • vasan_kps
    vasan_kps Member Posts: 174
    Did you try dropping the repository schema explicitly via SQL e.g DROP USER repouser cascade? Do you see any suspecious migration log? Also you can launch sqldeveloper from a command prompt or a shell and see if you observe any exception being thrown. If yes post the details.
This discussion has been closed.