• 3,816,065 Users
  • 2,259,136 Discussions
  • 7,893,381 Comments

Discussions

download-uk, download-west and download-llnw incredibly slow

658259 Member Posts: 28
edited Nov 18, 2012 4:26AM in Downloads Issues
Hi,

I'm trying to download Grid Control from OTN (Grid Control 10gR2 isn't on e-delivery). The download speed here (European Commission) is always enormously high, but on OTN today it definitely isn't.

After looking around a bit, it seems that download.oracle.com is load-balanced over download-uk.oracle.com, download-west.oracle.com, download-east.oracle.com and download-llnw.oracle.com.

I'm located in Belgium, and downloading at 2KB/s over each of the servers, except for download-east which gives me ~300KB/s. Also, some pages (e.g. http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/htdocs/linuxsoft.html) sometimes don't work, returning an error.

Just thought I'd report it here, since I can't seem to find an email address to contact an OTN admin.

Answers

658259 Member Posts: 28
    FYI: the error message returned was "An error occurred while processing the request. Try refreshing your browser. If the problem persists contact the site administrator".
  • Helios-GunesEROL
    Helios-GunesEROL Member Posts: 18,272
    Hi;

I am from Turkey and you are not alone in this issue. While i try to download Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control Release 2 (10.2.0.1.1) it through "Page not found error"

I belive its a global problem and oracle will fix it soon

Regard
    Helios
  • Keng Heng. Chan
    Keng Heng. Chan Member Posts: 24 Blue Ribbon
    I believed oracle had changed the network delivery provider and caused the issues, I'm from Malaysia, previously I can obtained around 1Mbps download speed at my data center, but now drop to 37Kbps to 47Kbps....
  • I am in the us and it seems that lately any url at download.oracle.com is painfully slow and oftentimes it just plain times out or returns an error. I have been trying to use the oracle eclipse update site (which is hosted in the download.oracle.com domain space) and it just keeps failing.
    777733 Member Posts: 1
    It's two days already, when instead of download I'm getting:

We're sorry, the page you requested was not found.

We have recorded this error (404) to help us fix the problem.
    You may wish to try again using one of the tools below.
    777762 Member Posts: 10
    same for me, impossible to download Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2, or grid control, or database, ... lot of links seems dead.

very strange. hope they will fix it ASAP.
    777815 Member Posts: 4
    hi all

the same here all links seems to be down

i have called oracle support, i'm waiting for their answer ....
  • user121298
    user121298 Member Posts: 13
    I'm often at 3 kbps for my downloads. 3 days to download a 1.5 gig file.
    831530 Member Posts: 2
    edited Jan 15, 2011 11:49PM
    I agree with what has been posted in this thread. I reside in India(Bangalore) and have a 2Mbps line. Annoyingly when I download anything from Oracle site, the speed goes to a max of 80~90 KBps and drops down to 12~15 KBps after a couple of minutes. Now this is using a Download manager with say 12 partitions at a given instance. Situation is worse if I use inbuilt downloader of any browser. At times the download stops. It's really irritating that I 've been downloading Jdeveloper for the 6th day. Should not have taken more than 125 mins from any other site.

Moreover oracle sites take a long time to load up. Sometimes I 've to hit 'refresh' several times for the page to load up. Just to double check that the problem is not because of an intermittent DNS, I used a different one (Google/OpenDNS). Results were worse if not the same.

Please look in to this matter with a sense of urgency.
    Thanks in advance.
    813138 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the US with excellent connectivity and am getting 234KB/sec. Pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.