• 3,827,812 Users
  • 2,260,823 Discussions
  • 7,897,381 Comments

Discussions

ADF Mobile Client : Error while trying to import javax.microedition.*

761579 Member Posts: 7
edited Jun 7, 2010 3:48AM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hi,

JDev throws errors at compile time when I try to deploy a sample ADF Mobile Client application.
These errors are related to javax.microedition.io.* imports.

Error(11,29): package javax.microedition.io does not exist
Error(12,29): package javax.microedition.io does not exist
Error(180,9): cannot find class HttpConnection
Error(191,27): cannot find class HttpConnection
Error(191,42): cannot find variable Connector
Error(250,49): inconvertible types
Error(303,40): cannot find variable HttpConnection

Any pointers as to how these errors could be resolved?

Is there a JDev Wireless extension that should be installed to resolve these J2ME related errors?

For JDev 10g, I could locate one such extension called JWE here : http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/iaswe/archive/developer/index.html
I could not find any similar extension for JDeveloper 11.1.3.

Regards,
Prasad.

Best Answer

• Joe Huang-Oracle
    Joe Huang-Oracle Member Posts: 224
    Answer ✓
    Hi, just want to make sure - did you install the ADF MObile Client extension yet? Please go to JDev-Help-Check for Updates-Official Oracle Extensions and Updates, and find Oracle ADF MObile Client Extension in the list. Check it, download it, and then restart JDev. Sounds like the extension was not installed, so it's not able to load any J2ME libraries.

If you have downloaded the extension already, please go to project properties-libraries and classpath, and then see if the sample app is referencing some third party libraries, for example something from RIM. If so, please double check the path to the library.

Once you installed the extension, you can also access the ADF Mobile Client developer guide - it contains all the documentation around what you need to install first. Please take a look and see what you need to install - at a minimum, you need to install BlackBerry JDE if you want to deploy to BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile Emulator if you want to test the app on Windows Mobile. Lastly, if you need to synchronize data, then you also need Oracle Database Lite MObile Server installation.

Thanks,

Joe Huang

Answers

• Joe Huang-Oracle
    Joe Huang-Oracle Member Posts: 224
    Answer ✓
    Hi, just want to make sure - did you install the ADF MObile Client extension yet? Please go to JDev-Help-Check for Updates-Official Oracle Extensions and Updates, and find Oracle ADF MObile Client Extension in the list. Check it, download it, and then restart JDev. Sounds like the extension was not installed, so it's not able to load any J2ME libraries.

If you have downloaded the extension already, please go to project properties-libraries and classpath, and then see if the sample app is referencing some third party libraries, for example something from RIM. If so, please double check the path to the library.

Once you installed the extension, you can also access the ADF Mobile Client developer guide - it contains all the documentation around what you need to install first. Please take a look and see what you need to install - at a minimum, you need to install BlackBerry JDE if you want to deploy to BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile Emulator if you want to test the app on Windows Mobile. Lastly, if you need to synchronize data, then you also need Oracle Database Lite MObile Server installation.

Thanks,

Joe Huang
    761579 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Joe, I figured it out that it is Net_rim_api.jar that is causing those errors, and added it to my project to resolve them.

Regards,
    Prasad.
This discussion has been closed.