• 2,266,664 Discussions
  • 7,911,699 Comments

Discussions

Open new browser popup window in an portlet application

khue - oracle
khue - oracle Member Posts: 42
edited Jul 1, 2010 11:38AM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hi all,
I want to open a popup browser window from a portlet application.
I found this in Oracle portlet bridge documentation:

+ADF Faces Dialog Framework is not supported. If your application includes any buttons or icons that launch secondary browser windows, the contents of the new windows are not displayed properly when the application is run as a portlet. As such, you should avoid using these components if you plan to portletize your application. Examples of components that launch secondary windows are:

<tr:inputDate>

<tr:inputColor>

<tr:popup>

the useWindow attribute of <af:commandButton>

+

Is there any solution to it? Should I look at using javascript to open the popup browser window?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frank Nimphius-Oracle
    Frank Nimphius-Oracle Member Posts: 29,689 Bronze Badge
    Hi,

wondering why these are Trinidad components listed there. Did you try af:popup, which launches a DHTML dialog that does not use the ADF dialog framework

Frank
  • Yannick Ongena
    Yannick Ongena Member Posts: 1,986
    An af:popup works fine from a portlet.
    I noticed that an af:inputdate however does not work properly from a portlet. You can not easily select a month from the picker...

Perhaps their are other components having problems in a portlet?

The commandButton behaves also differently (maybe a bug) in a portlet. When no partial page rendering is used for the button, the action and actionListener are ignored.
  • Hi guys,
    Thanks for your answer,
    I tried the af:popup and it should work properly.
    However I have a problem with the popup itself and applet as my post here:
    When I put the applet in a popup, when the popup is displayed, two instance of the same applet is created at the same time.
    I don't know whether it is a problem with the popup life cycle or not?
    782154 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I want to add control to my portlet , as in I want to add a button to portlet menu and on clicking that button some action should be performed . Can you help me with that ?

shrey
This discussion has been closed.
developers