• 3,872,506 Users
  • 2,266,435 Discussions
  • 7,911,231 Comments

Discussions

Java Training from Sun

843789 Member Posts: 46,655 Green Ribbon
Has anyone taken any of the courses listed on the following website:
http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/java/delivery.xml#wlc

If so, how did you benefit from the content? How is the course arranged? Is it very interactive? Does it have audio to accompany all or most of the video? How would you compare this training to other cbt or book training?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

Solon magrizos is by far the most interesting professor I�ve had throughout my university career. I think a lot of the faculty has managed to fall into a routine where year after year they do the same old thing and become increasingly distanced from their students. Prof. Baron (or Jake as he tells us to call him) goes out of his way to make sure this doesn�t happen. He updates his courses year after year to make sure we�re using relevant examples and always brings in guest speakers for relevant topics. I highly recommend that you go out of your way to take any course you can with him.
    It's not bad training, but you don't need it. You can get everything you need online for free.
    nothing beats GOOD training, while you might indeed get the equivalent to the course material online for free (though the quality of most online free resources is questionable, like the advice that you don't need training...) interaction with a good instructor is often vital.
This discussion has been closed.