Forum Stats

• 3,851,383 Users
  • 2,263,969 Discussions
  • 7,904,691 Comments

Discussions

Java Programming Experience in the UK

843789 Member Posts: 46,655 Green Ribbon
Hello guys, I hope any one of you would be able to help.
I am an IT graduate from the UK hoping to break into the Java industry. So far all the positions I have applied for have required some sort of industrial experience. Which i dont have unfortunately. Thus, I thought perhaps there might be someone within this forum who could help me realize that ambition of mine..
My CV is available on request...

Thanks in advance

Comments

This is not (and should not be) a job forum.

But I assume that the way into the industry in the UK is pretty similar to everywhere else: Apply for tons of jobs and be taken by one. Everyone writes "experience" on their requirements, but not everyone takes it to be equally important.

Read through job adverts and you'll realize that on some of them "experience" is a filler word and you should apply nonetheless. On others you'll see that indeed some experience is required (usually by phrases such as "strong work experience with FooBar is required" (roughly translated, may look slightly different in "real english)).

And while you wait for answers don't just sit on your hands but instead get busy by working on some project. Either a private for-fun project or by helping at an interesting open source project. Anything that gives you any kind of experience is good.

Good luck
    thanks for ur advice
This discussion has been closed.