On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,584 Users
  • 2,269,760 Discussions
  • 7,916,784 Comments

Discussions

Game Environment "Sims Like"

843799 Member Posts: 49,999
edited Jul 2, 2001 3:50AM in Java 3D
Hi guys,

I am a relatively experienced Java guru, however, I am new to the 3D API. IA friend and I want to dev. a 3D game much like the SIMS game. WHere you have closed in environment and charaters interact with each other. I have been messin with it fo a week now to feel it out(the API) and still not much progress past a simple Universe with a simple ColorCube. I need to create rooms with walls with a floor plan view (no roof) that is in tilted perspective and can be rotated to another. Has any one accomplished this. I have also been messing with a trool called Blender apon advisement but have found that this tool outputs VRML. Ok hosw do I get dynamic gameplay from the static VRML. Is there a better way. Please help.

thanxxxx :)

Comments

843799 Member Posts: 49,999
    That seems easy to do in Java3D. The complicated part is that you have to implement collision detection and multi-user yourself. Check out my website

http://www.geocities.com/virtualexp

with a large collection of J3D-applets.
This discussion has been closed.