Forum Stats

• 3,839,996 Users
  • 2,262,557 Discussions
  • 7,901,120 Comments

Discussions

Using Applets in Lotus Notes R5

843807 Member Posts: 46,582
edited Sep 20, 2002 10:31AM in Java Applet Development
I was wondering whether anyone has successfully used Java applets in Notes Client applications (not web applications).

Specifically, what JDK version can I assume to work. I would think JDK 1.1.6 from the documentation of the R5 Domino Server, but I couldn't find an explicit statement about which JRE version the R5 Client supports.

What I am trying to do is:

(a) Use Java to implement things with NotesUI-Objects one would traditionally do using LotusScript, like putting "Hello World" into a field on a freshly opened Lotus Notes Form. People seem to be more willing to learn Java than LotusScript these days. :-)

(b) Use custom Java Applets to display eg a barchart depending on data inside Notes and external data sources, instead of using eg Excel through OLE/ActiveX as I and others traditionally did and still are doing.

Anyone can help here?

Comments

843807 Member Posts: 46,582
    You probably want to stick to the lotus developer domain for answers to this kind of stuff.

http://www.lotus.com/ldd

The Notes/Domino Gold Release Forum is full of stuff, and the sandbox should have some samples.

JDK 1.1.6 is fine. The biggest thing you need to do is make sure you extend AppletBase in Notes.jar not Applet.

Cheers
    Kerr
This discussion has been closed.