Forum Stats

• 3,735,178 Users
  • 2,247,133 Discussions
  • 7,857,760 Comments

Discussions

Clearing Java Cache from command line.

843802 Member Posts: 39,816
edited Feb 10, 2009 1:50PM in Java Web Start & JNLP
I need advice on how to clear the java cache...from the command line (Start ---> Run)

Typing javaws in the command line doesn't bring up the web start application so I can't clear by going to File ---> Preferences.

I've also tried to clear manually by:
1. Delete all the files under the path C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file

2. Delete all the files under the path C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar

But I can't find either of those paths in the computer directory. The closest is C:Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment, which has no sub-folders in it.

I am not able to access the Control Panel because it is a shared PC and access to the Control Panel has been disabled, so I can't locate the program through there.

I've also tried typing javaws -Xclearcache -silent -Xnosplash in the command line and this also doesn't clear the cache.

It's version 1.5 and running on Windows XP.

Comments

843802 Member Posts: 39,816
    You can normally clear the webstart caches using "javaws -uninstall <yourJNLP>" for a single application or simply "javaws -uninstall" for all installed applications. If this does not work, it is probably a rights issue.
This discussion has been closed.