• 3,734,267 Users
  • 2,246,934 Discussions
  • 7,857,216 Comments

Discussions

VS 2010 Dataset Designer Oracle Parameters bind by name ODAC 11 R3

user7947900
user7947900 Member Posts: 4
edited Sep 3, 2013 7:07PM in ODP.NET
We have 3-tier application, and we implement data layer using datasets.
Now we try to change from Net provider to ODAC (11 R3) with VS tools. We have a lot of tableadapter to regenerate with ODAC connection.
We use some "where" clauses like " tpo=:tpo or :tpo is null". Dataset designer show an error because ODAC set oracleCommand property bindbyname by default to false.
I complicate and too expensive work search all instances of tableadapter to set this property to true, and we cannot try sql (and results) from dataset designer.

Is there any way we could use designer like net driver?
Does exist any place to changes bindbyname property at designer generator?
Does oracle know issue to pach it in next realeases?
Tagged:

Answers

• Ivan Saenz
    Ivan Saenz Member Posts: 6 Blue Ribbon
    I have exactly the same problem. When a type a query in the SQL query builder (TableAdapter query configuration wizard) that uses parameters and execute it I get an "parameter is incorrect" error. Is there any fix for it?

I'm using VS 2010, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and ODAC 11.2 Release 3 (11.2.0.2.1) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio.
    1037842 Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue and i use the ODAC by provider in namespace System.Data.Common. It drives me crazy by problems caused by this behavior. The DbCommand don't have this property by default and not exist configuration to change the behavior of OracleCommand for use in .config files. I Think that the best behavior to OracleCommand works fine is in next release the property bindbyname is set "true". It grants that the default behavior is equal of the other providers.

This discussion has been closed.