• 3,875,295 Users
  • 2,266,907 Discussions
  • 7,912,141 Comments

Discussions

Initial load with LOBs

830536 Member Posts: 32
edited Mar 15, 2011 4:08AM in GoldenGate
Hi, i'm trying to do an inital load and I keep getting errors like these:

ERROR OGG-01192 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, ext1.prm: Trying to use RMTTASK on data types which may be written as LOB chunks (Table: 'TESTDB.BLOBTABLE').
ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, ext1.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.

The table looks like this:

COLUMN_NAME|DATA_TYPE|NULLABLE|DATA_DEFAULT|COLUMN_ID|COMMENTS
UUID VARCHAR2(32 BYTE) No 1
DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2(2000 BYTE) Yes 2
CONTENT BLOB Yes 3

I've checked and the source database does contain data in the blobtable and both databases have the same tables, so now I have no idea what can be wrong? =/
Tagged:

Answers

• MikeN
    MikeN Member Posts: 262 Red Ribbon
    For initial loads with LOBs, use a RMTFILE and a normal replicat. There are a number of things that are not supported with "RmtTask". A "rmtfile" is basically the same format as a 'rmttrail' file, but is specifically for initial loads or other "captured" data that is not a continuous stream. And make sure you do have a newer build of GG (either v11 or a latest 10.4 from the support site).

The 'extract' would look something like this:

ggsci> add extract e1aa, sourceIsTable
    ggsci> edit param e1aa
    extract e1aa
    userid ggs, password ggs
    -- either local or remote
    -- extFile dirdat/aa, maxFiles 999999, megabytes 100
    rmtFile dirdat/aa, maxFiles 999999, megabytes 100
    Table myschema1.*;
    Table myschema2.*;

Then on the target, use a normal 'replicat' to read the "files".

Note that if the source and target are both oracle, this is not the most efficient way to instantiate the target. Using export/import or backup/restore (or any other mechanism) would usually be preferable.
  • This method does not support extraction of LOB or LONG data. As an alternative,use “Loading data from file to Replicat”, rmtfile
This discussion has been closed.