Forum Stats

• 3,875,203 Users
  • 2,266,862 Discussions
  • 7,912,106 Comments

Discussions

Need help with error OGG-00662

848902 Member Posts: 6
edited Mar 22, 2011 2:15AM in GoldenGate
I have installed Oracle GoldenGate and created the extract and replicat processes. However, when I am starting the processes, both fail with an error message in the event viewer as

ERROR OGG-00662 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, EXT1.prm: OCI Error allocating error handle (status = -1).

What may be the problem and how do I solve this?
Tagged:

Answers

• stevencallan
    stevencallan Member Posts: 3,459
    edited Mar 21, 2011 1:22AM
    Although it would be fun to play 20 questions about your environment, why don't you post your extract and replicat parameter files and your environment/OS/database release information? Plus:
    GGSCI> view report ext1
    edited Mar 21, 2011 2:06AM
    Steve, Thank you for responding. Here are the details;

Extract parameters
    extract group
    extract ext1
    connection to database
    userid ggate, password oracle
    hostname and port for trail
    rmthost REMOTE_HOSTNAME, mgrport 7809
    path and name for trail
    rmttrail D:\OracleGoldenGate\dirdat\lt
    --DDL support
    ddl include mapped objname sender.*;
    --DML
    table syncsrc.*

Replicat parameters
    Replicat group
    replicat rep1
    --source and target definitions
    ASSUMETARGETDEFS
    target database login
    userid ggate, password systime
    file for dicarded transaction
    discardfile C:\OracleGoldenGate\discard\rep1_discard.txt, append, megabytes 10
    --ddl support
    DDL
    Specify table mapping -
    map syncsrc.*, target syncdest.*;

I am using Oracle 10g on both environments. The source db is Windows XP SP3 with both Oracle db (10g 10.1.0.2.0) and Oracle client (10.2) installed.

The destination environment is running Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 with the same Oracle components.

I am using Oracle GoldenGate V11.1.1.0.0 for Oracle 10g on Windows XP, 2003, 2008 (V22232-01.zip).

The output of show extract ext1 is

Parameter settings:

SET SUBDIRS ON
    SET DEBUG OFF

Current directory: D:\ORACLE~1

Using subdirectories for all process files

Editor: notepad

Reports (.rpt) D:\ORACLE~1\dirrpt
    Parameters (.prm) D:\ORACLE~1\dirprm
    Replicat Checkpoints (.cpr) D:\ORACLE~1\dirchk
    Extract Checkpoints (.cpe) D:\ORACLE~1\dirchk
    Process Status (.pcs) D:\ORACLE~1\dirpcs
    SQL Scripts (.sql) D:\ORACLE~1\dirsql
    Database Definitions (.def) D:\ORACLE~1\dirdef

Edited by: 845899 on Mar 20, 2011 10:29 PM
  • stevencallan
    edited Mar 21, 2011 1:47AM
    You may need to fix some parameters. Replace (asterisk) with just an asterisk (otherwise this hokey web site will cause other formatting to appear).

table syncsrc.(asterisk) at the end of your extract param file is missing a semicolon

The mapping will fail because you haven't specified any tables: use a wildcard (asterisk) or list them out.
    map syncsrc., target syncdest.;

Using "owner." will fail.

map syncsrc.(asterisk), target syncdest.(asterisk);

Have associated the trail with extract process? And again, what does view report ext1 show?

Since you are on Windows, you also need to ensure that the owner of the manager service on the source has permissions on the target. Using Local System won't work.

Edited by: stevencallan on Mar 20, 2011 11:46 PM
    edited Mar 21, 2011 2:06AM
    Steve, agree with the formatting problems on this website. I have all the asterisks at the right places but it got messed up.

The table syncsrc missing a semi-colon was a good catch :) Just to confirm, syncsrc is a database for me and my intention was to copy everything into the syncdest database. Is my understanding correct?

I did not quite understand - Using "owner." will fail. Can you explain this please?

I have created the same user on the destination machine but with no luck.

Ext rpt shows the same message

extract group
    extract ext1
    connection to database
    userid ggate, password ******

Source Context :
    SourceModule : [ggdb.ora.sess]
    SourceID : [../gglib/ggdbora/ocisess.c]
    SourceFunction : [OCISESS_try]
    SourceLine : [507]

2011-03-21 11:20:36 ERROR OGG-00662 OCI Error allocating error handle (status = -1).

2011-03-21 11:20:36 ERROR OGG-01668 PROCESS ABENDING.

Edited by: 845899 on Mar 20, 2011 11:06 PM
  • stevencallan
    You have a manager service running? Who are you logged in as, and does that account have ORACLE_HOME in its path? The OCI error shows you aren't even getting to the point of connecting to the database. Comment out the DDL line as well. If you can't get basic DML replication to work, you don't want to confuse things by adding an untested DDL setup when DML doesn't work.

All you have to do is follow the steps in the tutorial. Use that as a starting point and get a test instance/environment to work before jumping into something new.
    Yes Steve, I have installed the manager as a service and my ORACLE_HOME is set correctly for the user executing the commands.

I commented the DDL line as well but no luck.

I am guessing that OCI is not getting initialized properly for GoldenGate. I do have McAfee anti-virus running on both the systems. I do not see any Oracle request blocks but can it be a cause?

My next bet is to re-install everything from the start.
    Steve, I changed the manager process to start as a command window rather than as a Windows service. I get the following error before the OCI error is captured in the event viewer.

---------------------------
    extract.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point ldimtzd could not be located in the dynamic link library oracore10.dll.

Any chance that there is a conflict between my Oracle db (10g 10.1.0.2.0) and my Oracle client, which is newer (10.2)?
  • stevencallan
    As a comparison, the easiest way to run GoldenGate is as the oracle account on UNIX. For Windows, who runs your Oracle service? The client path shouldn't come into play for GG. GG needs the ORACLE_HOME path relative to the server (particularly for library files), not the client.
    Steve, finally managed to solve the problem. It seems that because I had both the db and the client on the same m/c, some library was getting corrupted. I removed the database client and extract started working perfectly.

Thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.