Forum Stats

• 3,839,332 Users
  • 2,262,484 Discussions
  • 7,900,936 Comments

Discussions

SCJP Certification Query

857160 Member Posts: 1
how do i prepare for SCJP Certification. suggest me the websites for Scjp Mock Test.

Answers

• gimbal2
    gimbal2 Member Posts: 11,949 Gold Trophy
    Study? You will pass if you know the ins and outs of the java language and tools, you will most certainly fail of you slack off and try to learn only the minimum. The certification is quite difficult, but a fair challenge of your knowledge as a programmer.

The best starting point is to get the official study guide, search amazon for java scjp to quickly find it.
    840374 Member Posts: 41
    Cathy Sierra is a good book with explanation.
  • HaroonAfridi
    HaroonAfridi Member Posts: 289
    Hi,

This one of the best book.

SCJP Sun® Certified
    Programmer for Java™ 6
    Study Guide
    Exam (310-065)
    Kathy Sierra
    Bert Bates

Regards,

Haroon
  • PrabirK
    PrabirK Member Posts: 2
    There are so many free dump sites, those have some PDF files for SCJP certification, such as BrainDumps, ActualTest etc. Please go through the sites and download the file free of cost.

Thanks,
    PrabirK
    796440 Member Posts: 19,179 Gold Trophy
    Prabir wrote:
    There are so many free dump sites, those have some PDF files for SCJP certification, such as BrainDumps, ActualTest etc. Please go through the sites and download the file free of cost.
    Yeah, that's great advice for lazy, stupid cheaters who don't want to actually learn anything but just want to get that useless piece of paper, even if it means cheating.
    868050 Member Posts: 18
    The two books on certification, they are :
    • A programmer's guide to Java Certification (Second Edition) - Khalid A. Mughal & Ralf W. Rasmuseen.
    • Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 SCJP ( Exam 310-055) Exam Study Guide - Kathy Sierra Bert Bates.
    • SCJP Exam For J2SE 5 - Paul Sanghera, Ph.D

First two books are great. I suggest you pick up Third Edition for Khalid's books as it covers Java
    Third book (Paul's) is ok but it is too concise for certification preparation.

A good number of mock exams in various website. A few that I remember are:
    • www.jdiscuss.com
    • www.jchq.net
    • www.danchisholm.net
    • www.javaranch.com
    • www.javaprepare.com
    • www.javabeat.net

Good Luck
    878307 Member Posts: 4
    You can also try SCJP 6 Training Lab.
This discussion has been closed.