• 2,262,438 Discussions
  • 7,900,836 Comments

Discussions

Export APEX application, DDL and data

Fadi Samara Guest
Fadi Samara Guest Member Posts: 266
edited May 18, 2011 2:41AM in APEX Discussions
Hi,

How can I export a complete application ( the application, the ddl and data)? I know how to export application but not sure about the data of the tables.

Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,941 Gold Crown
    See this article from oracle on creating a packaged Oracle APEX application..: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14373_01/appdev.32/e11838/deploy.htm#CHDICGJD

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Webster, TX
  • I read this one before and now but could not still find the way how to get the tables' data unloaded and exported with the application itself, if you know how to do that could you please mention it here.
    828941 Member Posts: 168
    edited May 18, 2011 2:23AM
    Hi,

I use the following method.

Step 1—_
    You need DDL for database objects. You can follow any of the following 2 methods:-
    Method 1
    • In APEX Go to Home .
    • Click on Utilities
    • Click on Generate DDL
    • Click on Create Script button
    • Select the Schema and Click on next
    • For output select Save as Script File and the objects types which you want to include in the script and click on next
    • Check the individual object name which you want include in the script and click on Generate DDL.
    • Download the Script File you generated to you Hard Drive.

Method 2
    • Using SQL Developer Export the Schema and save the file you hard drive. (I use this method as it is easy and i can copy the data as well)
    Step 2 –_
    • Go to the application which you want to export
    • Click on Supporting Objects.
    • Click on Installation Script.
    • Click on Create From File.
    • Enter name of Installation script and click Next
    • Browse the file which you downloaded in Step 1 and Click on Create Script
    • Now Click on Export/Import Link on the Application Home Page
    • Click on Export
    • In the Export Preference Select Export Support Object Definition and Click on Export

This exported file will install both the application as well as database object*

Regards,
    Shijesh
  • Hi,

Thanks for that, but I need the Data inside the tables to be exported, I think they called seed data, I'm not after the ddl.

thanks,
    828941 Member Posts: 168
    Answer ✓
    Follwing Method 2 ---

IN SQL Developer .. click on tools database export and follow the on screen instruction.. i use this method to export object and data both.

Regards,
    Shijesh
This discussion has been closed.