• 3,760,454 Users
  • 2,251,709 Discussions
  • 7,871,130 Comments

Discussions

ORA-12578: TNS:wallet open failed - Oracle wallet issue with 11gR2 on XP

862820 Member Posts: 51
edited Oct 29, 2013 9:25AM in General Database Discussions
Hi,

I am having a strange problem with setting up of Wallet and configuring it with my local 11g R2 Database on the windows (XP) box.
The wallet gets created properly and I am able to login using the command "sqlplus /@&lt;alias>". There is a valid entry for <alias> in the tnsnames.ora file.

However whenever I try to do any stuff like creation of a table etc, I get the error - "ORA-12578: TNS:wallet open failed". The same table creation etc works fine if I de-couple the wallet from my Database by setting "SQLNET.WALLET_OVERRIDE = FALSE" in the sqlnet.ora file.

I have checked for the correct entries in the wallet using the following command, everything seems to be just fine.

mkstore -wrl "<wallet location>" -listCredential

Not sure what could be the cause of this error? Appreciate help on this.

Thanks
Sachin

Edited by: 859817 on May 18, 2011 7:21 AM
Tagged:
Sloke -OracleRaj.Ogg-Oracle

Answers

• Helios-GunesEROL
    Helios-GunesEROL Member Posts: 18,272
    Hi;

Please check:
    How To Prevent The Secure Password Store Wallet From Being Moved to Another Host [ID 1114599.1]

Regard
    Helios
    Hi Helios,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find thread you mentioned. The closest match I could find was -

http://www.myoraclesupports.com/content/how-prevent-secure-password-store-wallet-being-moved-another-host

Tried the suggested stuff here, but the problem still seems to be same. (I added an entry to my windows host file also as suggested here)

Thanks
    Sachin
  • Aman....
    Aman.... Member Posts: 22,913 Gold Crown
    But that wasn't a thread but an article on the support web site. Are you sure you logged in to it and couldn't find the article actually?

Aman....
    Yep tried,

Do you have the link to that post/thread?

Thanks
    Sachin
  • Aman....
    Aman.... Member Posts: 22,913 Gold Crown
    Hmm, I have just checked and the document is there. Did you go to https://support.oracle.com (don't use that myoraclesupport website, it's a fake) and searched for it in the Knowledge Base?

Aman....
    Hey Aman....

Thanks. Unfortunately the info at the support site is exactly the same as what was present in the earlier link I mentioned and neither of them worked for my case :(

Still stuck with the issue. Wondering if it is the 11G R2 issues specifically....

Anyone got a clue....

Thanks
    Sachin
    This issue didn't get solve and I had no other option but to downgrade the Database from 11G Release 2 to 11G Release 1. Once I put the R1, wallet was working fine.

Sachin
    675403 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I had the same issue on my Window 7 laptop and saw your thread as I was attempting to troubleshoot it. I figured it out and I'd like to share how. I turned on the Sysinternals tool Process Monitor and tried startup again. After the failure I stopped collecting data in process monitor. I filtered the output to include lines with .sso or .p12 which are the extensions on my two Wallet files. It showed me that the issue was ACCESS DENIED to the NT_AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account when accessing those two files. SYSTEM is the account my local test Oracle instance runs under. I granted the rights to SYSTEM for those two files and now my database is working.
    Joe
    Raj.Ogg-Oracle
  • Texas
    Texas Member Posts: 37 Blue Ribbon
    Hi Joe,

How did you grant SYSTEM (db user) the rights for those two files on OS level?
  • Azar
    Azar Member Posts: 1,049 Silver Badge
    Is this following post may helpful for you?

http://mohamedazar.com/2012/03/25/how-to-configure-clients-to-use-external-password-stores/
This discussion has been closed.