• 3,839,012 Users
  • 2,262,438 Discussions
  • 7,900,836 Comments

Discussions

How to Build Toolkit Applet

867670 Member Posts: 119
edited Sep 22, 2011 4:26PM in Java Card
Dear friends

For the moment, I am starting with the toolkit applet. I actually do not know how to build them, or run them as a demo even though I have got a lot of samples on the internet.

I know that there is an IDE named Developer Suite, which is developed by Gemalto, providing necessary facilities for writing toolkit applets, building and running them. However, this tool is charged and not free as Netbeans or Eclipse.

My question is: how can I build and run a toolkit applet without purchasing Developer Suite?

P/S: from the internet, I now have two packages sim.access.* and sim.toolkit.*. Can I write a toolkit applet on notepad, and use those packages within ANT-TASK (I know ANT is quite helpful) to build the toolkit applet to CAP file? If yes, how can I? :D
Tagged:

Best Answer

• safarmer
    safarmer Member Posts: 2,829 Bronze Trophy
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

You should be able to treat the toolkit packages like any other Java Card library. As long as you have the class files to compile against and the EXP files to convert against you can use ANT or even the plain command line tools. Treat these libraries exactly the same as you would the JC API and you should be fine.

Cheers,
    Shane

Answers

• safarmer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

You should be able to treat the toolkit packages like any other Java Card library. As long as you have the class files to compile against and the EXP files to convert against you can use ANT or even the plain command line tools. Treat these libraries exactly the same as you would the JC API and you should be fine.

Cheers,
    Shane
    867670 Member Posts: 119
    Yes, as far as I am concerned, we can build them all with ant task, even though I haven't tried it yet.

One more question is that, how can I run them on computer as an emulation
  • safarmer
    Using CREF or look at the documentation for the NetBeans plugin. I do not use NetBeans since it only supports JC3 and there is no point me coding in something I cannot get a card for :)

Cheers,
    Shane
This discussion has been closed.