Forum Stats

• 3,875,465 Users
  • 2,266,926 Discussions
  • 7,912,225 Comments

Discussions

Want to send/Receive JMS Message Over internet(possibly with out Static IP)

907356 Member Posts: 2
edited Jan 10, 2012 6:08AM in Java Message Service (JMS)
I am new to JMS, Kindly help me out
1) Want to send JMS Message over internet , And also want to received the JMS Message from other client , Is that possible with out Public (Static ) IP ?

Kindly suggest

Edited by: 904353 on Dec 24, 2011 11:14 AM

Edited by: 904353 on Dec 24, 2011 11:16 AM
Tagged:

Answers

907356 Member Posts: 2
    Can any one reply on this ?
  • EJP
    EJP Member Posts: 32,941 Gold Crown
    This is a question for your JMS provider (IBM MQ etc), not a Java question.
  • gimbal2
    gimbal2 Member Posts: 11,949 Gold Trophy
    You don't know much about the internet or TCP/IP do you? I'd say that is very important knowledge to possess if you want to continue, I suggest you study it.

Until then I'll pose you a question: is it possible to send someone a piece of mail without specifying the exact address? Writing "to my friend" on the envelope ain't going to make the mailman understand where it has to go. Something to think about.
  • 1) Want to send JMS Message over internet , And also want to received the JMS Message from other client , Is that possible with out Public (Static ) IP ?
    The application which sends the message and the application which receives the messages don't need to know each other's IP address. However both sender and receiver will (for most JMS providers) need to know the IP address of the JMS server. The easiest way to make that available is for the JMS server to have a static IP address which is known to both sender and receiver either directly or via a DNS lookup.

Nigel
This discussion has been closed.