• 3,733,394 Users
  • 2,246,754 Discussions
  • 7,856,686 Comments

Discussions

WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_OPEN_DIALOG

714905 Member Posts: 112
edited February 2012 in Forms
Hello,

When we use WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_OPEN_DIALOG method in 11G forms to open dialog box it opens the directory prior to the one indicated in the parameter.
Example:
When we supply C:\myfolder1\myfolder2 as directory to open the method opens C:\myfolder1

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,620 Employee
    Accepted Answer
    This is a known issue in v11 and newer. It has been filed under bug number 10015816. I have identified the following work-around, which I indicated in that bug.

Example:
    If you want to open in C:\temp\hello add a back slash followed by a blank space after the directory. Something like this:
       :t1 := WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_OPEN_DIALOG ('C:\temp\hello\ ',NULL,NULL,NULL); 

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,620 Employee
    Accepted Answer
    This is a known issue in v11 and newer. It has been filed under bug number 10015816. I have identified the following work-around, which I indicated in that bug.

Example:
    If you want to open in C:\temp\hello add a back slash followed by a blank space after the directory. Something like this:
       :t1 := WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_OPEN_DIALOG ('C:\temp\hello\ ',NULL,NULL,NULL); 
  • spilgrim
    spilgrim Member Posts: 1,145
    edited February 2012
    It also removes double \ changing them to single \ - which messes up UNC pathnames. I've fixed that in our copy of webutil.pll.

Bug 7329204: WEBUTIL FILE SAVE DIALOG DISPLAYS UNMAPPED NETWORK SHARE NAME WITHOUT INITIAL \

Edited by: spilgrim on Feb 13, 2012 4:03 PM
This discussion has been closed.