Forum Stats

• 3,874,115 Users
  • 2,266,686 Discussions
  • 7,911,730 Comments

Discussions

Schemas to Users in Oracle Physical Model

userIV
userIV Member Posts: 10
I created a relation model and sorted out the tables among the schemas. Now I am trying to create a physical model (Oracle 11g). It works and the tables are created in but there are only two Oracle users (PUBLIC & MDSYS). All the tables in the physical model have blank user (schema) field. Does it mean that I should create the users (schemas) again and sorted out the tables in the physical model?
I cannot find an option that allows me to transform the schemas in the relation model into the users in the physical model saving the links between the users and the tables.
Does this option (way) exist?

Regards,
userIV

Best Answer

• David Last-Oracle
    David Last-Oracle Member Posts: 1,057 Silver Trophy
    Hi,

For each of your Schemas, you can create a User in the Physical Model, and set its "Implements Schema" property to refer to the corresponding Schema.

This should be all you need to do. There's no need to update the Table definitions.

Regards,
    David

Answers

• David Last-Oracle
    David Last-Oracle Member Posts: 1,057 Silver Trophy
    Hi,

For each of your Schemas, you can create a User in the Physical Model, and set its "Implements Schema" property to refer to the corresponding Schema.

This should be all you need to do. There's no need to update the Table definitions.

Regards,
    David
  • userIV
    userIV Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for the prompt answer.
    Anyway it seems to me strange why schemes can not be auto created ion the physical level - I think it's quite rare situation when definition in the relational model can be different from the physical one. Fortunately it's no so many users I need in mu case.
This discussion has been closed.