• 3,872,467 Users
  • 2,266,427 Discussions
  • 7,911,214 Comments

Discussions

PLS 00306 wrong number or types of arguments in call

862489 Member Posts: 135
edited Aug 17, 2012 6:48AM in SQL & PL/SQL
I am trying call a packaged procedure from another package procedure,
but I am getting PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to that called procedure

I checked the order,parameter type(eg:IN), parameter datatype of the positional parameter. Everything is fine.

Please suggest are there any generic reasons for this compilation error?
thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Hoek
    Hoek Member Posts: 16,087 Gold Crown
    Perhaps a teeny tiny typo?

PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'string'

Cause: This error occurs when the named subprogram call cannot be matched to any declaration for that subprogram name. The subprogram name might be misspelled, a parameter might have the wrong datatype, the declaration might be faulty, or the declaration might be placed incorrectly in the block structure. For example, this error occurs if the built-in square root function SQRT is called with a misspelled name or with a parameter of the wrong datatype.

Action: Check the spelling and declaration of the subprogram name. Also confirm that its call is correct, its parameters are of the right datatype, and, if it is not a built-in function, that its declaration is placed correctly in the block structure.

If you can share the relevant parts of the code, then we might see the cause....
    Hoek
  • AnnEdmund
    AnnEdmund Member Posts: 1,466 Gold Trophy
    please check the parameter count... That means if you declare two parameters you should pass only two parameters.

Thanks,
    Ann
    AnnEdmund
  • Vivek L
    Vivek L Member Posts: 638
    859486 wrote:
    I am trying call a packaged procedure from another package procedure,
    but I am getting PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to that called procedure

I checked the order,parameter type(eg:IN), parameter datatype of the positional parameter. Everything is fine.

Please suggest are there any generic reasons for this compilation error?
    thanks
    Please post procedure signature and calling code.
    Also, make sure that you are using fully qualified name while calling procedure i.e. schema.package_name.procedure_name
    as there might exists multiple procedures with same name.
    Vivek L
This discussion has been closed.