• 3,815,606 Users
  • 2,259,059 Discussions
  • 7,893,185 Comments

Discussions

Download of JDeveloper 11.1.2.3 corrupted

jflack
jflack Member Posts: 1,518 Bronze Trophy
edited Oct 10, 2012 3:17PM in Downloads Issues
I'm trying to download the new 11.1.2.3 version of JDeveloper Studio Edition for Windows. It gets 99% through the download, then stops. I can get it to finish by pausing the download, then resuming, but when I run the downloaded file to try to install it, I get the ERROR "Could not obtain archive information since it is corrupted. Error code = 3". Same thing happens whether I download with Firefox or with IE. Similar problem if I download the Generic installation file.

Answers

• Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Member Posts: 69,485 Employee
    jflack wrote:
    I'm trying to download the new 11.1.2.3 version of JDeveloper Studio Edition for Windows. It gets 99% through the download, then stops. I can get it to finish by pausing the download, then resuming, but when I run the downloaded file to try to install it, I get the ERROR "Could not obtain archive information since it is corrupted. Error code = 3". Same thing happens whether I download with Firefox or with IE. Similar problem if I download the Generic installation file.
    I can download the file with no issues from this link --> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/downloads/index.html

File Name: jdevstudio11123install.exe
    Size: 1.24 GB (1,333,481,983 bytes)
    Size on disk: 1.24 GB (1,333,485,568 bytes)

Have you tried to use a different browser/machine and/or clear the browser history?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • jflack
    You'll notice that I tried it with both Firefox and IE, using the same site you did. I'm trying it again now. Not sure what clearing the browser history cache would do.
  • jflack
    I managed to download this from a home computer and sneaker-netted it to work. Which leaves me wondering - was this a problem that OTN fixed? A problem with my workstation in the office? A problem with the office network? Oh well, que sera sera.
This discussion has been closed.