Forum Stats

• 3,816,065 Users
  • 2,259,136 Discussions
  • 7,893,381 Comments

Discussions

OTN download demands oracle support CSI before install

964343 Member Posts: 3
edited Sep 26, 2012 12:54PM in Downloads Issues
i downloaded fusion from the OTN site, and tried installing it on RHEL 5.5, headless. the response file template holds spots for the following variables:

MYORACLESUPPORT_USERNAME

MYORACLESUPPORT_PASSWORD

without them, you get an error. with my OTN login-email and password, i basically get the same error.

so what's the work around on this? if there is an OTN agreement to do evals, why is the installation code enforcing a customer support contract?
Tagged:

Answers

• Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Member Posts: 69,485 Employee
    961340 wrote:
    i downloaded fusion from the OTN site, and tried installing it on RHEL 5.5, headless. the response file template holds spots for the following variables:

MYORACLESUPPORT_USERNAME

MYORACLESUPPORT_PASSWORD

without them, you get an error. with my OTN login-email and password, i basically get the same error.

so what's the work around on this? if there is an OTN agreement to do evals, why is the installation code enforcing a customer support contract?
    Please post the link of the file you have downloaded.

Thanks,
    Hussein
    I found the same behavior when I downloaded Oracle Fusion from off of Oracle's Cloud. Again, that is supposed to grant you a 30 day eval license, and in fact that is currently FALSE. unless there is some undocumented magic cookie that one uses in place of the user and password that is enforced when you runInstall
    All I had to do is:

DECLINE_SECURITY_UPDATES=true

and the

MYORACLESUPPORT_USERNAME=
    MYORACLESUPPORT_PASSWORD=

leave them both blank and I was able to get to the next failure point... (meaning, it did go and unpack and build everything until it failed on something else)

NOTE: THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE DOCUMENTATION AND NOT IN THE RESPONSE FILES. CURRENTLY THE RESPONSE FILE TEMPLATES HAVE SOME VAGUE ALLUSION TO THESE VARIABLES, BUT EVEN FINDING THE EXISTENCE OF THE TEMPLATES WAS NON_TRIVIAL.

IMHO
  • Srini Chavali-Oracle
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Member Posts: 29,596 Blue Diamond
    As Hussein requested, pl indicate what you have downloaded from OTN - there are two Fusion products, Middleware and Applications.

The response files for Middleware are documented

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e14260/silent_install.htm#WTINS264

HTH
    Srini
  • Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Member Posts: 69,485 Employee
    Please post the link as requested before. Also, if you could provide a screenshot it would be helpful.

In the new versions of Oracle installer, you have the choice of connecting to MOS website for updates or you can skip it if you do not want to do so.

Thanks,
    Hussein
This discussion has been closed.