Forum Stats

• 3,817,470 Users
  • 2,259,339 Discussions
  • 7,893,789 Comments

Discussions

Download Link for Sun Common Array Manager is Down!

971208 Member Posts: 14
edited Nov 8, 2012 7:59AM in Downloads Issues
Hello,

The following link is currently down to download CAM.

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/storage/san/fc/common-array-manager/resources/index.html

The url fails with the following message:

Failure of server APACHE bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

This has been confirmed for multiple users and by oracle telephone support.

Could someone please provide an alternate link or resolve the apache error.

Regards and Thanks,
Ash

Answers

• Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Member Posts: 69,485 Employee
    968205 wrote:
    Hello,

The following link is currently down to download CAM.

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/storage/san/fc/common-array-manager/resources/index.html

The url fails with the following message:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

This has been confirmed for multiple users and by oracle telephone support.

Could someone please provide an alternate link or resolve the apache error.

Regards and Thanks,
    Ash
    I can access the link with no issues.

To download "Download Sun Storage Common Array Manager" click on the link which will take you to MOS website where you can download the software/patches -- https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=HOWTO&id=1296274.1

Thanks,
    Hussein
    This link does not work. As stated above.

Still receive the following error for https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=HOWTO&id=1296274.1

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks
  • I am also experiencing difficulty getting to that link.
    I happen to be located East Coast North America and as I type this there happens to be some severe weather effecting that region (hurricane/cyclone).

I don't know if weather is effecting connectivity and causing the timeouts but ...

... I suggest you wait 48 hours and see if the issue persists.
    Thanks rukbat.

I have been trying since last week. So I am hoping it is resolved soon. Can support perhaps supply an alternative link to servers not on the East coast?

Regards,
  • Can support perhaps supply an alternative link to servers not on the East coast?
    You would have to go back and talk to them again. These forums are not Techsupport, nor are they any way to get through to them via some sort of a "side door".
    Thanks for the help rukbat. I'll give them a shout again.
    Oracle support is no help. They won't even talk to me because I don't have a contract number and no alternative contacts to report a down link...ugh
    972166 Member Posts: 1
    Doesn't work for me either..
  • @ 968205,
    Well, as mentioned earlier in this thread, only they can help.

@ 968205 and @ 969163,
    I don't think you're going to get the desired download files if you don't have CSI login credentials that a support contract affords to you. I think that CAM software is only available to paying customers. Without a contract, you're not providing an income stream and thus are not a customer.

These are guesses on my part. I don't have such CSI credentials, either, and I have no reason to get the software for myself.
    I finally got a hold of someone who gave me a clue of what was going on. The SUN cam software was moved to support.oracle and the link must not have been updated..

Someone with a Sun contract was able to help me out.

Thanks for the info.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.