• 3,874,212 Users
  • 2,266,682 Discussions
  • 7,911,769 Comments

Discussions

Regions height

vkava
vkava Member Posts: 16
edited Mar 7, 2013 12:45PM in APEX Discussions
Hi, I'm using APEX 3.2.1 and I was wondering there is a way for maintain two regions in different columns the same height, so if the values of my region on the left side resize my region, I want the region on the right to keep the same heights. My regions are paired(at the same level but different column) and that's why I want them of the same size to not mess my format.

Answers

• Howard (... in Training)
    Howard (... in Training) Member Posts: 905
    edited Mar 5, 2013 2:15PM
    vkava,

Hello again. Thinking about this, it would be a neat trick to have them "adjust" to one another but that would have to override what is happening now. Namely, they change size based upon the components in them. So it seems you'd be asking it to squish everything down smaller in one region if you removed something from the other region. That doesn't seem quite workable/doable/sensible to me.

But you may be able to override the default height. Someone suggested putting code in the Region Header and Footer.

For example - Region Header:
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="left"> 
    <tr height="450px" align="left" valign="top">
    <td>
    Region Footer:
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    Reference: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/150107/2/

Then you would manually change the neight in each region. Would that work for you?

Regards,
    Howard
  • vkava
    Howard

Hello, I do not want to one region be the dominant one so if I make one region smaller the other one do the same. I just want to keep the size of the one that has the larger value, I just want to keep
    the format align the regions so both ends match perfectly.

Thanks.
  • vkava,

I find it hard to imagine that there is an easy way -- but I never want to disagree with folks about what they want.

Tell me more about what you are doing. You're changing region content dynamically as they are presented to the user, right? Otherwise I can't guess why the regions would keep changing. As I understand it, neither region is dominant -- they change independently. So, you'd need a variable controlling each regions height that can be set when the other region's height changes. I suppose that could be done but you'd need a template that allowed you to set the region size -- and then unset it before making any changes to that region. And if a region "wanted" to get smaller, you'd have to check if ... ah! That would just be a nightmare!

Why do you want/need them the same size? Is there something below them on the page? Do they have borders? Do they need to have borders?

Howard
  • vkava
    Hi Howard,
    I found the solution check this post. I already implemented that, and worked out pretty well.

• Howard (... in Training)
    Howard (... in Training) Member Posts: 905
    edited Mar 7, 2013 12:45PM
    Very good! So does this solution mean that we aren't (directly) controlling these regions' heights but are instead controlling the container?

Because I want to claim that was my idea!

Howard
This discussion has been closed.