• 2,260,790 Discussions
  • 7,897,291 Comments

Discussions

Passing output of JDBC API for control flow

User_B4WNC
User_B4WNC Member Posts: 32 Employee
edited Apr 9, 2013 9:36AM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hi,

I am trying to create a login application through JDBC API. If login is "Success", then control to go to "Login Success" page else to "Login failed" page. I created a JDBC API where I am calling a PL/SQL procedure (two IN parameters for login id & password & one OUT parameter to return value) to check the parameters & return Success/Fail as a value. I created a data control from the above created JDBC API & then dragged & dropped as a ADF form.

When I run this, though the JDBC API is returing "Success" or "Fail" correctly (I can observe this from the log), the "page flow movement" is not happening.

How to achieve this? Any better way to hit a database table for the login screen?
Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,462 Red Diamond
    Which jdev version do yo use?
    How have you wired the navigation? Bounded task flow? Unbounded task flow?

Timo
  • User_B4WNC
    edited Apr 9, 2013 12:18AM
    I am using Jdev 11.1.1.2.0. I am using a bounded taskflow.

Steps given below:
    Created a LoginPage.jspx which has two control flows viz., Success & Fail leading to "LoginSuccess.jspx" or "LoginFail.jspx"
    Login input, password input & login button created by dragging & dropping the JDBC API data control as an ADF form.
    The JDBC method returns "Success" or "Fail" through a PL/SQL package.

From the logs, I observe that the JDBC API is being called & returns "Success" or "Fail", but the control flow is not happening.

Edited by: 998732 on Apr 8, 2013 9:18 PM
  • User_B4WNC
    Could create the login page flow successfully. Created a button (instead of dragging & dropping the method as an ADF form) & associated the bean's method in the "Action" attribute in Property Pallette. It worked successfully. Thanks for your support.
This discussion has been closed.