This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,794 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Child dialogs and window appeared under fullscreen window.

1002772 Member Posts: 1
edited Apr 12, 2013 11:40AM in Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT)
Hi everyone,

Use X11 native call to going to fullscreen mode since default api which have java is not working well under X11. Thus use X11 native call via JNA 3.4.

Main window going successfully to fullscreen mode. But when main window produce child windows/dialogs they will be displayed under the main window. This reproduce for Java 1.7 and Java 1.8. In Java 1.6 it's not reporoducible.

WM Manager: Metacity
Reproducible also on all clones of Metacity - Muffin, Mutter, Gnome Shell, etc...

Could you please specify how I can fix this? And should I open a defect for this? At least this is regression for me...

Note:
To going to fullscreen I'm sending clientmessage NETWM_STATE with NETWM_STATE_FULLSCREEN atom parameter (the same doing by wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b toggle,fullscreen)

Example project can be found on github: https://github.com/vkravets/FullScreenTest

Thanks,
Vladimir

Edited by: 999769 on Apr 12, 2013 8:39 AM
Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.