• 3,757,792 Users
  • 2,251,266 Discussions
  • 7,869,916 Comments

Discussions

help with choosing a DM method

1004384 Member Posts: 1
edited Apr 21, 2013 10:38AM in Machine Learning
Hi everybody,

I'm a student using Oracle for a data mining project, and i'm wondering if you can assist me with picking the right DM method for my data set. I'm doing an electricity consumption prediction and i have a data set of electricity load by the hour for 4 years , temperature data for these years , and weights for certain hours. taking in ming these dimensions, which method would you recommend?

THanks in advance.

Answers

981516 Member Posts: 42
    hi
    you have missing value in weight. if it is low you can replace with values in transform in ODM.
    if you have consuming field you can use prediction method and because of type of it(real) regression or neural network suggest.
    I think if you can use time series model specially ARCH or GHARCH models, your result will better but ODM and many other tools don't have it.
  • FYI.
    If you are interested in time series, that is indeed included in the Oracle Advanced Analtyics option. The option includes both Data Mining (ODM) and Oracle R Enterprise. Oracle R includes time series. At some point, you will also be able to run Oracle R scripts within Data Miner. See link below for more info on R/Timeseries.
    Thanks, Mark
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/advanced-analytics/r-enterprise/index.html
This discussion has been closed.