Forum Stats

• 3,814,861 Users
  • 2,258,920 Discussions
  • 7,892,879 Comments

Discussions

Error: javax.transaction.InvalidTransactionException, msg=Attempt to resume an inactive transaction

956943 Member Posts: 55
edited Jul 31, 2013 9:59AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi,

Jdev version: 11.1.1.4.0

Weblogic 10.3.4

I have a sharedAM in my application that is in production and I see the below error message once in every 3-4 weeks.

• oracle.jbo.JboException: JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: javax.transaction.InvalidTransactionException, msg=Attempt to resume an inactive transaction: BEA1-640EAA8C373A63BD14A3

at oracle.jbo.server.JTATxnHandlerImpl.resume(JTATxnHandlerImpl.java:378)

at oracle.jbo.server.DBTransactionImpl2.connectToDataSource(DBTransactionImpl2.java:308)

at oracle.jbo.server.DBTransactionImpl2.connectToDataSource(DBTransactionImpl2.java:331)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.DefaultConnectionStrategy.connect(DefaultConnectionStrategy.java:203)

at oracle.jbo.server.ApplicationPoolMessageHandler.doPoolConnect(ApplicationPoolMessageHandler.java:576)

at oracle.jbo.server.ApplicationPoolMessageHandler.doPoolMessage(ApplicationPoolMessageHandler.java:419)

at oracle.jbo.server.ApplicationModuleImpl.doPoolMessage(ApplicationModuleImpl.java:8933)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.sendPoolMessage(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:4496)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.prepareApplicationModule(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:2458)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.prepareResource(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:3703)

at oracle.jbo.pool.ResourcePool.useResource(ResourcePool.java:344)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.doCheckout(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:2266)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.useApplicationModule(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:3168)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:460)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:431)

at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:426)

at oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.getApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1606)

at oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.createRootApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1511)

at oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.createRootApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1482)

at mySharedXXXAM(MyInstanceClass.java:49)

This is how I get the AM instance.

MyAMImpl myAm = (MyAMImpl)Configuration.createRootApplicationModule("MyAMImpl", "MyAMShared");

The sharedAM has one VO which is a read only view on database.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Frank Nimphius-Oracle
    Frank Nimphius-Oracle Member Posts: 29,689 Bronze Badge

Hi,

how certain are you that this comes from the shared AM. Note that shared AM are not good to use for transactions as they are shared across sessions. So is the shared AM the only AM or do you have regular AMs as well

Frank

Frank Nimphius-Oracle

Frank,

This is definitely from the sharedAM. I can tell that from the stack trace.

We do have regular AMs in the application, but we do not see such errors with the regular AM.

There is no write involved with this sharedAM. It is used just to read data from database which is mostly static.

Do you know why am I getting this error when I use sharedAM? Is there any solution for this?

Thanks again!

Does anyone know the root cause of this and is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.