Forum Stats

• 3,855,345 Users
  • 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,975 Comments

Discussions

Beginner Database Development

1039644 Member Posts: 1
edited Sep 11, 2013 1:17PM in General Database Discussions

Sorry for the informative information, the other forum posted some good replies so will just work from there.

Thanks alot

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sb92075
    sb92075 Member Posts: 42,196 Blue Diamond
    Answer ✓
    5b471104-4f53-425a-8241-fad676d9c5d8 wrote:

Hey everyone, i am currently trying to ddevelopa database for my PC support website. I am unsure of what fields go in what entities/tables. Could you please help
    The entities consist of

Record Number
    Time/Date
    Problem Record Details
    Problem Type
    Problem Description
    Problem Resolution
    Problem Status
    Client Name
    Client Phone Number
    Client Email
    Technician Name
    Technician Email Address
    Date Completed

I believe the four tables should be of client, technician, problem and record. But i dont quite understand what to put in each table and the foreign keys required in each to work.

Thanks Alot

GOOGLE Third Normal Form

Answers

• Pablolee
    Pablolee Member Posts: 405 Bronze Badge

Since we have no idea how your data is meant to hang together, and all you have supplied is a bunch of titles, there's not much more than guesswork that can be supplied. You'd need to put in a lot more effort and show what those various titles actually mean, what sort of data they'll store, how they relate to the other bits of data etc etc. I would however suggest that you're probably looking at more than

• Girish Sharma
    Girish Sharma Member Posts: 4,980 Bronze Crown

What is your database s/w i.e. Oracle or SQL Server ?

Because you have posted the same question at below link too :

Database Relationship Development - Beginner

Have you checked above link ?  Is that not a good answer for you ?  Are you really going to develop a website ?  If yes and if it is using database, then I am sorry you are incompetent because when you are not able to ask the question in two attempts, how you will develop a website.  I am not saying something personal or attack, but just think if someone posted the above question text, are you able to help him/her i.e. is above question text is complete in all respect ?

• Pablolee
    Pablolee Member Posts: 405 Bronze Badge

Looking at the timing of the questions and responses, I'm not really sure that your complaint that the OP posted in two separate sites and is therefore incompetent is valid. They appear to have been posted around the same time so it's not as if he posted on one site, got an answer, didn't like it (for whatever reason) and decided to post on another site.

• Eduardo Legatti
    Eduardo Legatti Member Posts: 4,933 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I'm not sure if you will get some useful information here. I think you need first, understand the basics of database modeling (Primary key, Foreign Key, Normal Forms)

Cheers

Legatti

• sb92075
    sb92075 Member Posts: 42,196 Blue Diamond
    Answer ✓
    5b471104-4f53-425a-8241-fad676d9c5d8 wrote:

Hey everyone, i am currently trying to ddevelopa database for my PC support website. I am unsure of what fields go in what entities/tables. Could you please help
    The entities consist of

Record Number
    Time/Date
    Problem Record Details
    Problem Type
    Problem Description
    Problem Resolution
    Problem Status
    Client Name
    Client Phone Number
    Client Email
    Technician Name
    Technician Email Address
    Date Completed

I believe the four tables should be of client, technician, problem and record. But i dont quite understand what to put in each table and the foreign keys required in each to work.

Thanks Alot

GOOGLE Third Normal Form

This discussion has been closed.