• 2,264,136 Discussions
  • 7,905,137 Comments

Discussions

Show / Hide Dynamic Actions not working in Windows 7 IE10 and APEX 4.2.1

alarzabal
alarzabal Member Posts: 36
edited Dec 12, 2013 11:38AM in APEX Discussions

Hello,

I have a page in APEX 4.2.1, Blue Responsive theme, where I show or hide page items based on changes to other page items and their values, using JavaScript expression conditions.

This is all working fine in Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m and Firefox 25.0.1, but not Internet Explorer 10. I thought it might be related to this Solution to IE10 Ajax Problem | Gishan Code and tried their recommendation, but that does not seem to have helped.

Help please!

Thanks,

Alex.

Best Answer

• alarzabal

I found the issue and it was my fault. One of my dynamic actions using JavaScript expression conditions was missing the quotes in $v( "P1_ITEM1" ), which was breaking the rest of the JavaScript-related code. Chrome and Firefox did not care, but IE seems to be less tolerant of mistakes like that.

Scott, thanks anyway. It is helpful to know that I have that option as well.

Answers

• Scott Wesley
    Scott Wesley Member Posts: 6,260 Gold Crown

I had a similar issue recently where my region was not hiding in the responsive theme.

My workaround was to run a JavaScript action instead, identifying my region with a static region ID

$('section#blocks').css('display','none');

Scott Wesley
  • alarzabal

I found the issue and it was my fault. One of my dynamic actions using JavaScript expression conditions was missing the quotes in $v( "P1_ITEM1" ), which was breaking the rest of the JavaScript-related code. Chrome and Firefox did not care, but IE seems to be less tolerant of mistakes like that.

Scott, thanks anyway. It is helpful to know that I have that option as well.

This discussion has been closed.