Forum Stats

• 3,769,910 Users
  • 2,253,029 Discussions
  • 7,875,236 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Utilities "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that othe

Hello,

We get the error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This often an indication that other memory is corrupt", with the application Oracle Utilities (formerly Lodestar)

We have OTAP environment:

• O = development, The server is both application- and database server
  • T = test,  The server is both application- and database server
  • A= acceptance, The application server and database server are separated. The database server is the same database server as the from Test. (On test we have database with two schema's)
  • P = production.

We have:

• Windows 2008R2 64bit
  • IIS7
  • Oracle database "Oracle database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production".

Oracle Utilities is working on all the environments so far, also on Acceptance..

I have made a change for oracle utilities in the backend. And this is working on development and on Test. On Acceptance I get the error "Attempted to read or write...."

I've been checking the IIS between the environments. The main thing what is difference is that on the acceptance application server Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Profile / Extended is installed and on the other environments is Microsoft .Net Framework 2 Client profile / Extended installed. The IIS Aplication pool (classic/Integrated) is configured with v2.050727 also on the acceptance. (I don't know why and when the .Net framework 4 is installed on acceptance, on the other hand, I don't expect that this is the issue)

If I run the code on the server with Oracle Utilities datamanager (=IDE), so without the front end/application server, then I don't get the error! So it seems to me that it has something to do with the application server of acceptance.

(Some extra info who knows Oracle Utilities. The change I have made is that I start a proces by the frond-end, by writing a record in the lsrfrptinstance table.

• The first part change a few little things in certain records.
  • The second part is time consuming so I write a separated record in the lsrfrptinstance table which then automaticaly processed by Oracle utilities. When I have written the record in the lsrfrptinstance table the application returns to the screen, so that the user can go further The second part goes wrong and gives the error

I hope that someone has any idea and can help me out this issue because I'm already two days searching and googling.

Nico

This discussion has been closed.