On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,597 Users
  • 2,269,761 Discussions
  • 7,916,789 Comments

Discussions

JDK can't install it...

1064307 Member Posts: 2
edited Jan 17, 2014 3:53AM in New To Java

I re installed windows on my laptop and all software are gone with it including jre  and jdk. I downloaded  jre and installed it normally. Then i downloaded jdk-7u45 and when i run it after few sec i got message that it didn't install jre and i had 2 option, to stop the software or to check online solutions. Anything i chose i got nothing and after few sec my laptop is completely frozen. After i restarted the laptop i downloaded jdk-6u45 and same thing happened. Can some one help me please?!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• gimbal2
    gimbal2 Senior software engineer NetherlandsMember Posts: 11,949 Gold Trophy

Oh? I get a proper error stating the executable is not compatible with the system architecture, OSes nowadays are not as dumb as you want to portray them. This sounds like a crash and crashes "should not happen".

But the computer ( or rather: the OS ) shouldn't just freeze either, if that is really what is happening there is something more wrong with this particular computer installation than just the Java installer failing. If I start to see symptoms like this I will probably start to free my agenda for the weekend to plan to reinstall the OS, because there is clearly something broken there. But at the same time I might also perhaps do a check on the hard drive to see if it is still healthy.

Answers

• mahendra.yadav
    mahendra.yadav Mr. IndiaMember Posts: 12

This might happening because of downloaded JDK binary is not compatible to your OS architecture (32 bit/64 bit). Please make sure that jdk binary is compatible to your system and let us know your findings.

• gimbal2

Oh? I get a proper error stating the executable is not compatible with the system architecture, OSes nowadays are not as dumb as you want to portray them. This sounds like a crash and crashes "should not happen".

But the computer ( or rather: the OS ) shouldn't just freeze either, if that is really what is happening there is something more wrong with this particular computer installation than just the Java installer failing. If I start to see symptoms like this I will probably start to free my agenda for the weekend to plan to reinstall the OS, because there is clearly something broken there. But at the same time I might also perhaps do a check on the hard drive to see if it is still healthy.

1064307 Member Posts: 2

It was windows installer who bugged whole thing. i couldn't install anything not just jdk. Thanks guys for help.

• gimbal2

Good job figuring it out, I hope the problem does not return.

Keep it in mind for the next time your computer blows up; you always have to dig deeper to find the root of the problem in stead of focusing on the result of the problem.

This discussion has been closed.