Forum Stats

• 3,836,683 Users
  • 2,262,165 Discussions
  • 7,900,071 Comments

Discussions

Help Please!!

1064590 Member Posts: 1

I am trying to print a label on ebay and I just updated the new Java and an error comes up.  It says Error:  Click for details.  Security Exception:  Missing required permissions manifest attribute in main jar: https://ibdswebp41-ext.pb.com/Tranresponse/bnblabel.jar.  I have talked to quite a few people and no one seems to know how to fix it.  Anybody knows the solution to this?????  I will greatly appreciate your time.  Thank you!

Answers

• fetchdesigns
    fetchdesigns Member Posts: 2
    edited Jan 15, 2014 11:21PM

Perhaps there is a better solution, but what worked for me is (if you are using Windows)...

1. Click the start button (the windows icon at the lower left of your screen)
    2. Start typing "java" and select "Configure Java" when it appears
    3. Open the "Security" tab
    4. Drag the security setting down to "Medium"

I believe the issue is with the Pitney Bowes certificate conflicting with newer versions of Java.  You may also be able to downgrade your version of Java to get it working, but that may be less secure.  Your call.

• fetchdesigns
    fetchdesigns Member Posts: 2
    edited Jan 15, 2014 11:24PM

I was able to resolve this by doing the following (on Windows 7)...

1. Click the Windows button at the bottom left on your screen
    2. Type "java" and select "Configure Java" when it appears
    3. Open the "Security" tab
    4. Drag the setting down to "medium"

From what I understand the issue is with the Pitney Bowes certificate conflicting with newer versions of Java.  You may also be able to downgrade your version of Java to get it working, but that may be less secure.  Your call.

This discussion has been closed.