• 2,263,966 Discussions
  • 7,904,688 Comments

Discussions

How to find the binding of region in bean programatically

User_EYDAR
User_EYDAR Member Posts: 74 Employee
edited Jan 21, 2014 2:43AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi,

I want to get the bindings of region through a bean.When I am trying to do like this it gives the binding of the page which holds the region.

Can you please tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Harsh

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frank Nimphius-Oracle
    Frank Nimphius-Oracle Member Posts: 29,689 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I have one question so whenever the parameter will change so it will cause the restart of task flow ??

Yes. However, you have to PPR the region for this to happen and also set the Refresh option to ifNeeded

Can you please tell me how to do the query in method activity based on the input parameter to the region..

I will be very thankful to you for this.

1. you add the View criteria to a VO instance in the Application Module Data Model

2. you create an input parameter and save its value in a managed bean property. The managed bean should be in pageFlowScope

3. You then drag and drop the executeWithParams operation as a method activity in front of the view (jsff)

4. map the argument of the bind variable to the managed bean property

this is the easiest option. If you need to apply teh VC dynamically, you can also expose a client interface method on the AM that i) takes a single argument and ii) then adds the VC to the VO. Steps above would be similar except yu don't use executeWithParams but drag and drop the method as a method call activity

Frank

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,721 Red Diamond

May be, may be not. This depends on the use case. A region runs a bounded task flow which is a black box from the pages point of view. This is called separation of concerns. There are ways to influence the region or from the region influence the parent. However we need to know your use case.

And please tell us your jdev version!

Timo

• User_EYDAR
    edited Jan 20, 2014 2:59PM

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your early reply.

My use case is that I have to display the part of tree table based on the input parameter.So i need to execute the view criteria before rendering to the UI in the bean. For that I am reExecuting the view object with applying view criteria.for this I need the binding of fragment page so that i can apply the view criteria and get the desired result.

My jdev is 11g.

Thanks,

Harsh

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,721 Red Diamond

Harsh, The only thing you need to do is to change one or more input parameter(s) to the bounded task flow (btf). Inside the task flow you can then do the initialization and display the data. You can use a method activity as default activity to query the data and then navigate to the page to display the result.

Timo

Timo Hahn
  • User_EYDAR

Hi Timo,

I have one question so whenever the parameter will change so it will cause the restart of task flow ?? Can you please tell me how to do the query in method activity based on the input parameter to the region..

Thanks,

Harsh

• Frank Nimphius-Oracle
    Frank Nimphius-Oracle Member Posts: 29,689 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I have one question so whenever the parameter will change so it will cause the restart of task flow ??

Yes. However, you have to PPR the region for this to happen and also set the Refresh option to ifNeeded

Can you please tell me how to do the query in method activity based on the input parameter to the region..

1. you add the View criteria to a VO instance in the Application Module Data Model

2. you create an input parameter and save its value in a managed bean property. The managed bean should be in pageFlowScope

3. You then drag and drop the executeWithParams operation as a method activity in front of the view (jsff)

4. map the argument of the bind variable to the managed bean property

this is the easiest option. If you need to apply teh VC dynamically, you can also expose a client interface method on the AM that i) takes a single argument and ii) then adds the VC to the VO. Steps above would be similar except yu don't use executeWithParams but drag and drop the method as a method call activity

Frank

This discussion has been closed.