• 3,854,617 Users
  • 2,264,391 Discussions
  • 7,905,743 Comments

Discussions

Concurrent access issue

Ambily-Oracle
Ambily-Oracle Member Posts: 11 Employee
edited Mar 26, 2014 12:35PM in JDeveloper and ADF

We have a use case in our application where we need to create an entity. Each entity will have a start date and end date. These are sequential in order based on start and end dates.

We are facing an issue in this use case. Since we have business rules that we should not have duplicates we have created a unique constraint on the start date in entity level. Everything works perfect from UI. The issue started when automated tests are run. We have multiple test all running the above use case and normally the tests are fired together which might run in parallel. We recently noticed that there are duplicate rows getting created in the system. We assume the only reason this happens can be the tests running in parallel which might be firing the inserts before or after simultaneous. Since the unique constraint on the entity level also not stopping the duplicate, we are not sure how to handle this issue.

If anyone is familiar with these kind of use case, any suggestions would be really helpful. Can any kind of synchronization be done to handle this.

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,764 Red Diamond

User, I'm not sure you are posting in the right forum as you are mentiuoning Fusion Apps. They have there own Forum.

Next thing is that we need to know your jdev version.

What I don't inderstand, is that you use a unique contraint (on the db i guess) and are still able to insert duplicates.

Please check that.

Timo

This discussion has been closed.