• 3,827,142 Users
  • 2,260,744 Discussions
  • 7,897,182 Comments

Discussions

ODBC Driver struggle

Johnny F
Johnny F Member Posts: 3
edited Apr 16, 2014 1:01AM in ODBC

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) in a corporate environment. I need to install the Oracle ODBC 64 bit version to connect with a database to make Crystal Reports run.

I did it successfully last week on a test machine and so I know it works. I sat down to repeat the procedure and document it and now it won't work.

I go to the ODBC Data Source Administrator (c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe) and there are two existing installed drivers for Excel and Access. I click the 'Configure button' and there is no error so I know I am dealing with the 64 bit jobbies.

So I download Win64_11gR2_client.zip from Ora and unzip and install it (Full install or just Driver only, no difference) to C:\Oracle (I know that's not the std location but this needs to be used by multi users).

Then on the User DSN tab  I click 'Add' and scroll down the list where I am expecting to find something like 'Oracle in OraClien11g_home1'. However it is not there as it was last week!!!!! Frustrating! I have tried other 64 bit versions and the result is the same.

Can anybody steer me in the right direction please???

Johnny,

Datacom, Wellington NZ

Answers

This discussion has been closed.