• 3,874,157 Users
  • 2,266,675 Discussions
  • 7,911,745 Comments

Discussions

ADF Deploy Error = system cannot find the file specified

Sue-user640655
Sue-user640655 Member Posts: 27
edited Jul 23, 2014 5:40AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Earlier this week I download for the first time JDeveloper and the ADF Framework.  JDeveloper Studio Edition Version 11.1.2.4.0

Build JDEVADF_11.1.2.4.0_GENERIC_130421.1600.6436.1

ADF Framework 11.1.2.4.39.64.64     status = Fully Loaded 

Installed on a Window 7 machine.

I have been using the "Setting Up ADF Mobile" document.  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18941_01/tutorials/setupmobileapps/jdtut_11r2_54_2.html 

As both the tutorial and the sample on the platform preferences page itself shows, I filled in the Build Tools Location box with the path for the platform-tools.  (seemed strange at the time)

When deploying the "Hello World" style app as shown in the "Setting Up ADF Mobile" document I got the error: 

---- Deployment incomplete ----

Cannot run program ""C:|AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\aapt"";CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the file specified

So, I went back and changed the path for the in the Build Tools Location box to the path for the build-tools.  When I press OK, I get

this message "Unable to locate Android build tools in the specified location C:\....\build-tools or the location points to an Android platform that does not meet the minimum API requirement of version 9.   Do you want to use the location anyway?"   I went ahead and said "yes".

I went through the deployment steps again creating an archive2

This time I got error=2 instead of error=3 as before.

Deployment cancelled.

----  Deployment incomplete  ----.

Cannot run program ""C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\aapt"": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I looked in the ADF Mobile Installation Troubleshooting Guide

https://wikis.oracle.com/display/jdeveloperandadf/ADF+Mobile+Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide

I see a similar situation under Linux but nothing similar in the Windows issues.

Tagged:
Gouranga Tarafder

Answers

This discussion has been closed.