• 2,263,999 Discussions
  • 7,904,781 Comments

Discussions

Bad Request Error on Submit - Tabular Form

sara17
sara17 Member Posts: 6
edited Apr 23, 2014 5:07PM in APEX Discussions

Hi Everyone,

I have a Tabular Form with 20 columns and about 200 rows.  When I select the Submit button I get the following error: "Bad Request The request could not be understood by server due to malformed syntax".

I have set all the processes and validations to not runto make sure they are not causing the problem. When I select a records with less then 97 rows and select the Submit button, I do not get the error message (returns to the proper page).

Do you know what may be causing this error? Is there a space limit on the tabular forms? If so, can that be changed?

Thank you, Sara

Answers

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,966 Gold Crown

Limit is the # of columns and rows that you are submitting.. You will probably want to limit the # of rows you allow in pagination to be less than the limit you are seeing now.. Just to allow for overages..

We are running into this, along with that annoying message when you paginate between pages (to alert the user to Save before paginating..)

We have altered our tabular forms to use a collection to help with some of the issues, but will be VERY glad to see the new grid control in APEX 5.1

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    LuvMuffin Software
    Ruckersville, VA

TexasApexDeveloper
  • sara17

Tony,

Thank you for the reply and the information. I did not have pagination because I knew how many rows I would have all the time.  Bummer that we cannot edit all the rows at once. I was able to modify more rows (now at 130 rows that I can edit instead of 97) when I removed some of the columns that I did not use in the tabular form.  I am going to read up on collections.

Thanks Again!

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,966 Gold Crown

Take a look at Dene's example application : https://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=31517:294:10588090235382:::::

(Pointed at the page in question, 294)..

It shows how to do this with a tabular form and a collection..

Do you know that if all the smokers were laid end to end around the world, three quarters of them would drown?

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    LuvMuffin Software
    Ruckersville, VA

• sara17

Thank you Tony for the link!  haha...intereresting fact.

This discussion has been closed.