Forum Stats

• 3,817,470 Users
  • 2,259,339 Discussions
  • 7,893,789 Comments

Discussions

oracle client 12 slow on window 7 32 bit????

2673423 Member Posts: 4
edited May 16, 2014 4:06AM in ODBC

Hi,

we have recently update oracle database to 12c enterprise 64 bit from 11g. As client we use window 7 32 bit and MS access office 2013.

Found couple of issue.

1. slowness on some query.

2. could not able use Microsoft ODBC driver for oracle on MS Access 2013(VBA).

received following error.

ODBC -- connection to '{Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}databaseName' failed. Only way found was the re-link table on access.

Are there any drawbacks of connecting to 12c enterprise 64 bit version through  oracle client 12.1.0 on windows 7 32 bit/MS access 2013

failed use ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};UID="user";PWD="password";SERVER="server"; (Please guide).

can only use DSN used connection.

ODBC;DSN={dsnanme};UID="user";PWD="password";SERVER="server";

Where could I wrong??? thanks,

Tagged:

Answers

• Sdhamoth-Oracle
    Sdhamoth-Oracle Member Posts: 184 Employee

Hi,

Have you tried Oracle ODBC driver for Oracle on your windows 7 32bit machine?

You can download the Oracle 12c Instant client for Windows 32 bit, in the following URL

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/winsoft-085727.html

2673423 Member Posts: 4

Thanks for reply.

Do I need to install on each network PC.

I get working connection string using DSN. but can not able to use '{Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}. I tried to trace log file receive Error:

DIAG [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (0)

However no problem on DSN connection. But found this is very slow on some sql query with oracle table and access database . (MS office2013)

do I need to update Microsoft ODBC oracle driver on window 7 32 bit to compatibility with oracle 12c 64 bit?

Many thanks,

• Sdhamoth-Oracle
    Sdhamoth-Oracle Member Posts: 184 Employee

Yes you have to install Oracle 12c Instant client on all the PC (Client) where you want to Oracle ODBC driver for Oracle database.

I'm not much aware of convention that you are following where you specifying the driver name ('Microsoft ODBC for Oracle').

Is it still slow while using Oracle ODBC driver? Are you creating linked table in your MS Access database?

I'm not aware of the availability of Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle update. But MS have deprecated the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle. 

This discussion has been closed.