Forum Stats

  • 3,784,410 Users
  • 2,254,936 Discussions
  • 7,880,810 Comments

Discussions

Permission check failed: java.util.PropertyPermission

2698059
2698059 Member Posts: 2
edited Jun 20, 2014 5:55AM in Java ME Embedded

Hello guys,

I am working on JME8 for Raspberry Pi and I am facing a problem with java.util.PropertyPermission.

I have added permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*:*" "read,write"; in appdb/_policy.txt but it does not seem to solve the problem.

Here is a log capture when I run it.

[19:20:55.144] INFO - VM - [SECURITY] iso=1:Blacklist Client: initialized

[19:20:55.144] INFO - VM - [SECURITY] iso=1:Authentication Provider: com.oracle.meep.security.DefaultAuthenticationProvider

[19:20:55.144] INFO - VM - [SECURITY] iso=1:Policy: com.oracle.meep.security.DefaultSecurityPolicy

[19:20:55.145] INFO - VM - [SECURITY] iso=1:Using policy file: /home/pi/jme8ea2/bin/../appdb/_policy.txt

[19:20:55.281] INFO - VM - [SECURITY] iso=1:Application assigned to the client "untrusted"

[19:20:56.056] FATAL - VM - [SECURITY] iso=3:Permission check failed: java.util.PropertyPermission "fileconn.dir.private" "read"

Any ideas is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CheeSeng


Answers

  • 1153579
    1153579 Member Posts: 2

    Hello,

    Please post the content of JAD and manifest.

    -- Petr

    1153579
  • 2698059
    2698059 Member Posts: 2

    Hello Petr,

    Initially I added java.util.PropertyPermission into "ProjectProperties->Application Descriptor->API Permissions" in NetBeans 8.0 but did not specify "Protected Resource Name" and "Actions Requested".

    After seeing the JAD containing this, MIDlet-Permission-Opt-1: java.util.PropertyPermission "" "",

    I added fileconn.dir.private into "Protected Resource Name" and read into "Actions Requested" and it works!!

    Thank you very much for your hints that made me look into the JAD.

    Regards,

    CheeSeng

This discussion has been closed.